How can i make my tower defense different than other ones ?

Sickneddle

Reaction score
well, im devoloping a TD currently.
But only towers, and creeps doesnt seem enough. i need something to make it different from other tds.
So, here i am. asking you guys for ideas. what you would like to see in a td?
what do you think about some monsters attacking towers ?
what do you think about having heroes in td ?
teamwork everyone trying to do it alone ?
teamwork or everyone trrying to do it alone and spawning monsters ?

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
>So, here i am. asking you guys for ideas. what you would like to see in a td?

I want to see a tower (just 1) not just an ordinary tower but a hero tower. This hero tower levels up and learns skills(just like a regular hero but it's a tower).
Also the tower has stats. Those stats restart every round so the player needs to reconfigure them before each round. I guess upgrades can come into play as well for example to change the damage type of the tower and to increase/decrease stuff.

Sicknedly

Reaction score
>So, here i am. asking you guys for ideas. what you would like to see in a td?

I want to see a tower (just 1) not just an ordinary tower but a hero tower. This hero tower levels up and learns skills(just like a regular hero but it's a tower).
Also the tower has stats. Those stats restart every round so the player needs to reconfigure them before each round. I guess upgrades can come into play as well for example to change the damage type of the tower and to increase/decrease stuff.
Thank you.
Hero tower looks very good. never seen in tower defense game before.

Here is what im thinking:
You get more dmg to your tower when you add str to tower
You get more mana(tower will have skills so mana is very important) to your tower when you add int
But what to do for agility ? last time i checked we cant change attack speed with trigger, can we ?
You get 2 stat each level tower levels up
Tower level up like 2 level every 3 turn and so . (i will make exp gain like this)
(p.s i lost my other acc sorry)

canons200

Reaction score
1) i believe the income source take a main part in the game

Try to make your td main income source not come from killing creep (if so, the stronger will be more stronger and weaker will be more weaker and eventually can't kill at all)

Make your main income source come from bonus, that is every round ending bonus and of course, killing creep will be secondary income source, to balance it out.

Or

Regardless who kill the creep, everyone will earn the same gold, at such, teamwork can be workout and the less kill player will be willing to continue to play even so their kill is low because the income are all share.

2) Grant ability to your tower rather than simple hit and hit method, like multi-shoot, area slow with periodical cool down.

Try to make passive ability rather than manual active ability because you will be busy to control the tower if you build 24 manual active ability tower, but i believe there are people can control 24 tower at the right timing, but not all human can do that.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.