How do I make 2 skills into one ?

gjcraig

Reaction score
I want to combine Black Arrow and Multi-shot "from Barrage" into a "Black Arrow Multi-shot". How do I do this ?

Volkof

Reaction score
Well Black arrow and multishot does not stack, so you need to trigger.

Whenever your Hero attack a unit, check if there is another enemy unit nearby, then create a dummy unit, give it Black Arrow and order dummy to cast it.

You can use a loop if your multishot has, for example hits 5 targets. Then, pick a random unit near the attacked unit and add it in a group so that it wont be picked again. Loop 4 times, and at the end of the trigger destroy the group to reset it.

Cheerio

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score

Whenever your Hero attack a unit, check if there is another enemy unit nearby, then create a dummy unit, give it Black Arrow and order dummy to cast it.

You can use a loop if your multishot has, for example hits 5 targets. Then, pick a random unit near the attacked unit and add it in a group so that it wont be picked again. Loop 4 times, and at the end of the trigger destroy the group to reset it.

Cheerio

But the dummy's damage and the hero's damage will be different.

gjcraig

Reaction score

Cheerio

Wow thanks, I have never actually made a trigger - just adjusted a few numbers on some. Is there something I can just copy an paste to put it in there ?

gjcraig

Reaction score
But the dummy's damage and the hero's damage will be different.

I can live with that. Main target gets the most damage and the other targets gets less im not picky I just want an Ulti type shot that blast the area with arrows and makes some minions out of the deaths.

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
You could set the dummy to have 1 damage and then order it to do damage equal to the Hero's damage -1 to the unit after it shoots the arrow.

gjcraig

Reaction score
re

Is there any way you could post the dummy trigger here so I know what to type up ? I have never made a trigger before and putting these 2 skills together is something I would love to see.
Maybe it would be easier to just add the spawning trigger to the multi-shot instead ?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Maybe it would be easier to just add the spawning trigger to the multi-shot instead ?

Good idea. Add a normal multishot to your hero (but rename it) and add this trigger:
Trigger:
  • Black Arrows Multi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Black Arrow Multishot for (Killing unit)) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create (Level of Black Arrow Multishot for (Killing unit)) Dark Minion for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees

But that's just an example, you can change the numbers or if you really want to use the method with dummies, tell me.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Barrage deals different damage too.

Good idea. Add a normal multishot to your hero (but rename it) and add this trigger:
Trigger:
  • Black Arrows Multi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create (Level of Black Arrow Multishot for (Killing unit)) Dark Minion for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees

But that's just an example, you can change the numbers or if you really want to use the method with dummies, tell me.

Won't this cause minions to spawn as long as it is killed? Meaning skills would summon to minions too. Barrage deals the exact same damage as long as you set the damage at 0 (I think).

asipo

Reaction score
How bout
Use the if unit is killed then mosnter will spawn trigger (I name it ABC trigger)

but this time add some kind of checking to check the black arrow is activate
If activate, then enable trigger ABC, if off then disable trigger ABC
And of course this checking is actually a trigger also (called it XYZ trigger)

Solution:
Create 1 skill immolation and name it "Black arrow"
Create 1 trigger called XYZ where when the user cast the "Black arrow" it will activate trigger ABC

This is not a good solution, but i guess its enough for GUI.

If the mana consumption is based on number of attack and not mana over time,
then need to create another trigger like "when hero attacking, trigger ABC is enable, then -10 mana from hero"

gjcraig

Reaction score
Barrage deals different damage too.

Trigger:
  • Black Arrows Multi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Ok I tried this trigger and had it identical except I couldn't find TempPoint to put in it. It didn't work. This is my first time trying to do a trigger though so maybe I did something wrong. Did you get it to work ?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
TempPoint is a location variable. You can set variables by pressing CTRL + B in the trigger editor. I think the trigger is supposed to be something like this.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Killing unit))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
TempPoint is a location variable. You can set variables by pressing CTRL + B in the trigger editor. I think the trigger is supposed to be something like this.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

TempPoint is a point* variable.

Location is in jass.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Haha, I meant location as in point. Well it is point variables. Was just referring point as "location" in layman's term.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Trigger:

Dont u mean?
Trigger:
  • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))

asipo

Reaction score
First, make sure the hero have the barrage spell and its working properly.

Then create a spell from immolation and named it "Black Arrows"

Then create a new buff and replace the immolation buff

The buff called "Black Arrow" is actually a buff that can be seen on the hero (the caster) when the hero start to cast the immolation

Then create this trigger

Trigger:
  • Black Arrows Multi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Black Arrow for (Killing unit)) Greater than 0
      • ((Killing unit) has buff Black Arrow) Equal to true
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Here the example, sooner or later i will remove this attachment
View attachment Testing map 1234.w3x

gjcraig

Reaction score
First, make sure the hero have the barrage spell and its working properly.

Then create a spell from immolation and named it "Black Arrows"

Then create a new buff and replace the immolation buff

The buff called "Black Arrow" is actually a buff that can be seen on the hero (the caster) when the hero start to cast the immolation

Then create this trigger

Trigger:
  • Black Arrows Multi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Black Arrow for (Killing unit)) Greater than 0
      • ((Killing unit) has buff Black Arrow) Equal to true
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Here the example, sooner or later i will remove this attachment
View attachment 32326

Ok I fixed it. Instead of player 1 (red) you have to put in owner of killing unit and it works perfectly. that was actually off of Glenphirs trigger idea. Wow is this cool but way too over powered - now to nerf it down to make it balanced ;) Thanks so much Asipo and Glenphir !!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.