How do I widgetize AND optomize my map? What order?

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Hello. I'm trying to release my map, and it's quite large (2,500KB).

I want to Optomize it (not even sure what that does, but I hear its important. Protects it right?), and widgetize it (greatly reduces map load time If im not mistaken). I've heard you must be careful when doing both of these to a map, or the map can be messed up badly. So whats the safest way I can go through with this?

Fluffball

Reaction score
Widgetize then Optimize using the Widgetizer and Vexorian's Map Optimizer. Widgetizing greatly decreases loading time, but may increase size, the optimizer decreases size greatly, deleting unnessecary files, such as World Editor-only files. It has options to which files you want to delete.

When you optimize then widgetize, it f*cks up your map badly.

OMGedDude

Reaction score
Widgetize then Optimize using the Widgetizer and Vexorian's Map Optimizer. Widgetizing greatly increases loading time, but may increase size, the optimizer decreases size greatly, deleting unnessecary files, such as World Editor-only files. It has options to which files you want to delete.

When you optimize then widgetize, it f*cks up your map badly.

I'm sure you meant decreases :p

But yea, I'm pretty sure thats the right way

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded both of them, but it's not working correctly on my computer, I cant get it started. Is there any, ANY chance that I can maybe send it to somebodyn who can widgetize/optomize it for me? I would be extremely grateful, this map has passed its release date.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.