How do you create a Threat System?

excis

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knew how you would create a Threat system and how hard it would be.:)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
a threat as in what? number of enemy units within X range would be fairly easy to make.. but I don't really know what you are talking about

excis

Reaction score
A Aggro/Threat system like the one in WoW the unit which is top of the list will be attacked

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
a threat as in what? number of enemy units within X range would be fairly easy to make.. but I don't really know what you are talking about

Think World of Warcaft and Ragnarok: Healers get aggro (Threat) when they heal other players, and the tank (Warrioes usually) should have the largest threat built up so that bosses in raids stay focused on them and not the softer players like Warlocks, Mages, and most importantly the Priests.

As for implementing it... No idea.

foodflare

Reaction score
change Stats-Priority on the units in the object editor, units with smaller numbers for priority will be attacked first and units with larger numbers for priority will be focused on last(if i'm understanding the question)

NuQ

Reaction score
The "stats - Priority" field in the object editor is already a static threat system. But to create a dynamic system that increases or decreases like in WoW sounds like it would be pretty heavy on the processor.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
That's sort of what I was thinking, and if not memory intesnive it would still be nigh impossible to do with GUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.