How do you make a Custom Menu?

retupmoc258

Reaction score
I've played some games (and I'm particularly looking at Final Fantasy Forever version C) where the characters have buttons throughout their skill area (where the attack/defend/skills are shown) that don't actually do stuff but instead open a new menu. I am wondering how I can set up abilities/actions or whatever on my characters that will open a submenu (basically it's like when you go to build with a peasent and you can select multiple things to do, but I want one that doesn't make me build anything)

Does anyone know how to do this and can you help me set it up? Even if you can just give me a text copy of triggers, if that's what it takes (I'm guessing at this point it probably does, although I still don't know how I would remove some things like the hold position, attack, etc. commands), or something. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
probably a spellbook, you can click on it, and it opens kind of a menu you're talking about,
inside the spellbook, you can put spellbooks for more information

spellbook is an item ability, just make it a unit lol

(the item spellbook has it :) , it adds the ability, inside are about 4 skills)

[ edit : oh yeah, welcome to the helper (and im sure its spellbook =3 )]

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Hmm . . . alright. I suppose that solves the problem. Thanks.

I still can't get over how messy this thing still is. I suppose that's the cost of the range of change the game allows. Still . . . they could build a more graphic interface for these things :p

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm . . . alright. I suppose that solves the problem. Thanks.

I still can't get over how messy this thing still is. I suppose that's the cost of the range of change the game allows. Still . . . they could build a more graphic interface for these things :p

You could create a multiboard that fills the whole screen :D (like in dota at the end)
That might be easier if you want to put in attributes etc. but it would be kinda hard,
and require more variables,I suppose that's the cost of the range of change the game allows. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.