How make unit get exp, or hero use upgrade to ?

CrashDummy

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Hello !
1) How can i add to unit hero status (it could get lvl up etc) ?
or 2) How to add to Hero "Techtree - upgrade to" ?
as i need that custom unit could get experience, and could upgrade to other unit (gold cost).
3) I could use bear form ability, but i think i cant make it pay gold to use ability. or can i ?

Yoshii

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Hello !
1) How can i add to unit hero status (it could get lvl up etc) ?
or 2) How to add to Hero "Techtree - upgrade to" ?
as i need that custom unit could get experience, and could upgrade to other unit (gold cost).
3) I could use bear form ability, but i think i cant make it pay gold to use ability. or can i ?

1:you cant; what you need to do is create a new custom unit based on a hero and change the "art:model" line to whatever model you want; say a peasant thus you end up with a hero with the peasant model. Make sure you change every other stats in the new "peasant hero" to match the unit peasant, else you end up with a peasant hero doing weird thing.

as for question 2 I dont follow

3: You can give gold to the player if he use an ability(anything)
trigger:
event: a unit finish casting an ability
condtion: ability= X
action: add X gold to owner of casting unit

Silver

Reaction score
3. You can use a trigger to subtract gold, but first you will need to check if the player has enough gold with a Condition.
2. There is none, if you know what you're doing then just use bear form.
1. You "Could" make triggered experience, but if I understand you correctly then just make a unit based on a hero and change its stats to your liking.

CrashDummy

Reaction score
yes thats one of ideas to make unit on hero base.
what i want to upgrade unit to other unit (like upgrade tower to better tower). That upgrade must cost gold.
so i need hero that i could upgrade him to better hero. and for that i would pay gold. is it understandable ?:D its like gold cost upgrade to whatever, but hero doesnt have this "techtree - upgrade to" thing :banghead: bear form ability doesnt requaire gold :(

Silver

Reaction score
Yes but you can trigger bear form:

(Freehand)
Trigger:
  • Event
    • Unit starts effects of spell
    • Conditions -
      • Ability being cast equal to (Your custom bear form)
    • Actions - If , then , else
      • If - (Integer condition) Owner of (triggering unit) gold greater than or equal to 500
        • Then -
          • Player - Add -500 to Owner of (triggering unit) current gold
        • Else - (Issue order with no target)
          • Unit - Order (triggering unit) to stop
          • Game - Display to (Owner of (triggering unit) the message : You dont have enough gold

EDIT: wups forgot the then action

CrashDummy

Reaction score
oh but how can i charge player ? what trigger should i use, that ability cast would cost x amout gold ?:confused:

EDIT: ty :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.