How not to write a thread title

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
>>>Quick trigger shit<<<

Just a tip to anyone who reads this:

Your thread title should explain your problem in five words, maximum.

Like in the English grammar tests where you have to fill in the blanks using up to five words.

Short, but descriptive is the key.

I think the biggest problem with people reducing their thread titles to 5 words or less is that you do end up with these generic titles. Most people don't know enough about their problem or how to explain it sufficiently in 5 words that it just ends up somewhere between non-descriptive and semi-retarded.

This is a war that the forum can't win lol :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Does that justify posting a thread title like "omg need help"?

(That was three words long...)

No it doesn't, but we can't expect everyone to be perfect. We can, however expect them to use common sense. <-- (Something some don't even have...) :rolleyes:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I am not expecting everyone to be perfect, especially on forums, in teh internets.

I'm just saying one should think more than 5 seconds before posting a thread.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I am not expecting everyone to be perfect, especially on forums, in teh internets.

I'm just saying one should think more than 5 seconds before posting a thread.

Touche, but sometimes people do things without thinking :/ It's the way things are. We just have to deal with it [del]if[/del] when it happens.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I think its a good move that if your title is vague, make up for it by making the first sentence a clear outline of your problem. You can view the beginning of a thread from the WE help forum just by hovering over the topic.

Bad titles don't stop me from checking out a problem if the hover info clues me in to what the problem is about.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go, Ace. Now, if only people would read this before posting....

On a related note, any thread found to be in violation will be at the mercy of the moderator who finds said thread. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
The ones that annoy me the most is the "Ability Help" (And similiar) titles.
This could be anything from needing an idea, to having an Object Editor problem or just a simple Trigger Issue.
Perhaps adding them to the glorious list would help?
Anyway, thanks for making this, hopefully it would help.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Hahaha those last ones made me LOL, it's funny because it's true i've seen quite a few people expect help when they call the people they're asking help for things like that.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sigh. I should stop looking at threads with titles like that. But I still do....... :(

I gotta stop looking at this thread, it kills me everytime, hahahaha! Ah, sorry for the spam as that guy first stated lol.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
"that guy started first"? What? That's not spam...

Anyways, the people who need to read this never do. A valiant attempt but in vain it is.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
There are always people posting threads with these titles. Though, I've never seen anyone posting this:

Code:
- What the fuck are you shitters waiting for to do my map this instant, fucking assholes

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
There are always people posting threads with these titles. Though, I've never seen anyone posting this:

Code:
- What the fuck are you shitters waiting for to do my map this instant, fucking assholes

Well i understand you cant see these, when your eyes are close!

We see a damn lot of'em!

Reaction score
- Quick trigger shit
- HELP! EXTREMELY URGENT!!!

Maybe combine those to "Quick urgent shit", "Urgent shit help" or maybe "Extremely urgent shit"?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Maybe we can add the following to this list, since they pop up all the time:

- Quick spell help
- Need help with spell
- Basic trigger help
- Need ability help
- Help with a spell
- Simple ability question
- Quick question about spell

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'd be happy if the forum could filter out those titles upon submitting new threads, and change the text of the title to something like "I'm a faggot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.