How to accelerate building foundation fading after the building is removed?

Pender

Reaction score
It takes something like 10 seconds for the foundation graphic of a building to fade from the ground after the building has been removed. I'd like to change this to around 1 second. Possible?

Note - I want the foundation graphic to exist while the building is alive as it usually does; it's only when the unit is removed that I want to change it.

Edit - It would also be cool, though slightly less so, if the building foundation disappeared the instant I removed the building rather than fading at all.

S

SilentCombat

I dont know if this is it, but you could try changing the gameplay constant "Decay Time - Structures". You could also try using unit - remove, although again i am still not sure if this will work.

Pender

Reaction score
I tried both. None of the Decay Time constants seem to affect the fading of foundations, and Remove Unit leaves the foundation behind as well. I've even tried moving and/or hiding the unit before removing it. Nothing seems to have an effect.

Pender

Reaction score
As I said in my first post, I want it to have a ground texture. I just want the texture to fade faster or disappear instantly upon the building's removal. Anyone know how to make that happen?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Other than replacing the model, you could create the ubersplats yourself instead of having the buildings to it.
With the option of being able to instantly remove them as needed.

Then again... why is that even a problem?

Pender

Reaction score
Yeah, that's probably the only way. Why do I want to do it? I'm making a mazing contest, where each round you build a maze within a small square and at the end the towers are cleared and you build a new one. The problem is that it's difficult to see which paths are still open without foundation textures, or when the lingering textures from the previous round are polluting the area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.