How to add/remove unit to/from build ability ?

huanAk

Reaction score
I am working on a Tower Defend map. try add new mode, the mode will random from a list of available tower, then assign a set of random tower to the builder. the builder will use these set of tower for whole game.

so my question is:

is it possible to add unit(tower is unit) to the build ability ?

--------

another question :
- is it possible to add/remove upgrade from an unit/building ? (I know it can remove if set upgrade to max research, but I want to remove without set to max)

huanAk

Reaction score
done lots of search. look like it can't.

anyway. is it possible to change the label/text/description for an unit by Trigger/JASS ?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
no, you cannot change label/text/description/tool tips via GUI triggers/jass/vjass/anything else...

educator

Reaction score
you could cheat (although this would be a bitc%) and instead of the build list, use the "build tiny castle" item ability and modify it to build your building. although im going to guess that you have lots of units that can be build so this should only be a last resort if you REALLY REALLY want to do it. from there you will have to trigger the add/remove of the build abilities. many ways to trigger this but all of mine would take ages (well, it would take quite a while)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
1. give the builder the ability to build ALL the available towers. then randomly disable each building via triggers (forgot which but its somewhere in Player - Set Availability of something ) using an array. do this for each player.
2. you can set the upgrade to a particular level but you cannot undo it.

drol

Reaction score
An alternative to the usual `Build button´ is using items with `tiny building´ abilities to build your buildings.

You create a shop with all items that have their building as a build ability. Your builder can then buy those towers off the shop.
If you want to remove a tower you can just remove the item from the marketplace (shop).

huanAk

Reaction score
Thank all for reply.

sound like it is really hard to implement this mode (because I need random pick from hundred tower, then put into shop/build list. )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.