how to change AoE skills' target icon/image?

NineClick

Reaction score
finally,my first post after graduation! haha. ..,guys just want to ask if someone here knows how to change the AoE skills' like blizzard, cluster rocket, force of nature, target icon/image? u know, the circle image that appears when you are about to cast the spell. there are i think 3 of them. the one in plane transparent circle with ancient letters (in dota-like lina's light array strike,coco's torrent,furion's force of nature,warlock's golem), the other is a light-purple circle (in dota-like void's chrono,doom's scorched earth,leshrac's split earth), and the last one is the light-red circle(don't know the exact color) with a big hole in the middle. pls. help. thanks.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You need to use Wc3 image extractor, extract the UI of the targeting thingy. Then replace the one inside your map.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I don't think he's talking about making a custom one, just about picking which one is used.

Try changing the race of the spell. (Undead, Orc, etc.)

Kuberr24

Reaction score
Indeed ,there are 4 targeting images, one for each race.

The images change if your player race changes, not when the race of the spell changes. All undead players in dota will always see purple image when they have lina, and all sentinel players will always see the night elf image.

Please correct if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure anymore :p

NineClick

Reaction score
The images change if your player race changes, not when the race of the spell changes. All undead players in dota will always see purple image when they have lina, and all sentinel players will always see the night elf image.

dunno if its correct. because i have furion in Human Race, but the skills like blizzard,force of nature,etc are having the same target image like lina's light array strike, kunka's torrent (who are in the night elf side). .. i dunno.. but i'll try.

btw,thanks for the info. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.