Tutorial How to change your map font.

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Anybody can confirm these? I have English warcraft 3 -_-
It shouldn't crash if the font uses the same characters as the FRIZQT__.TTF, which is very unlikely that it does.
But this is not a bug of the user, but rather Warcraft III itself not releasing it's cache values of the previous map played.

The reason why it crashes on different languages, well. Not all.
For example, Germany uses a "double s", which does not exist in the default table of ascii, while Warcraft III expects the the value does exist and crashes when it finds out an unexpected null value has been found.
The same go's for the Asian languages, they use an entirely different charset to begin with.

Also note that the FRIZQT__.TTF can't be overwritten using the import editor, it's one of those "save" files.

Overall it is nothing to worry about methinks, I used a different font set for a long time, people shouldn't install games in their own language anyways.
Besides, 1 out of 500 people may take the assumption that it was the previous map causing the bug instead of Warcraft III randomly crashing.

And for those who can't find the font styles in the NewGen Constant editor, enable UMSWE and restart the editor.
The values should display all the way in the bottom of the constant interface.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>Besides, 1 out of 500 people may take the assumption that it was the previous map causing the bug instead of Warcraft III randomly crashing.

doubt it, both times i played tomb of jahcarron (however you spell it) (it uses a custom font) and both times, i played dota right after and i crashed, restarting wc3 and playing dota didnt crash, unless its some other interface that tomb of j did, i would think its the font

EDIT: ok i did some testing and it doesnt seem to crash, but i noticed a difference, using my font, it didn't exactly carry over to the channel or bnet lobby, but it DID make the text smaller. However, after playing tomb of j, you'll see that the entire channel, messages/text all changes to the text in the game. Perhaps he did it a different way where its carried over? or maybe its the specific font hes using, but w.e he does, it crashes.

Light Alkmst

Reaction score
And for those who can't find the font styles in the NewGen Constant editor, enable UMSWE and restart the editor.

I did enable UMSWE and did restart it. I did it both with and without. They're not showing up in constants or interface. :banghead:

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
erm... so I can change my map's font but it is ingame font right ?
is there any way to change World Editor's font (when editing) ?
p.s: I'm kinda want to change it into a font that support unicode :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
erm... so I can change my map's font but it is ingame font right ?
is there any way to change World Editor's font (when editing) ?
p.s: I'm kinda want to change it into a font that support unicode :D

I think WE just uses the same font as your OS.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
hmm... but I didn't know which font is it :confused: (I use Window XP SP2)

maybe if I know the right font, I can change it by overriding it with a new font :D

anyone know this ? :)

Light Alkmst

Reaction score

I did enable UMSWE and did restart it. I did it both with and without. They're not showing up in constants or interface.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.