How to check if unit reach destination

andrei009

Reaction score
I'm creating and sending Locust units (so they aren't selectable) to a point (with move to event) when someone cast an ability.
How can I check if units arrived at their destination ? It seems I can't select them with 'Is issued on order with no target'

BTW: how can I make units unselectable with collision radius?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can't select them with that command because they have locust.
In fact to my knowledge you can't select them in any way when they have locust.

andrei009

Reaction score
Ok , now I'm creating units (not locust units) for brown player and change color to player color that cast that ability , so how can I select them now when they reach at their destination ?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I believe you can add them to a unit group prior to adding locust, and then add locust, and then have a periodic trigger that goes through the unit group and checks where all the units are, and then once you find that a unit has reached your destination, you can order it to do something else

andrei009

Reaction score
Your answer is a bit vague to me , and I can't use unit groups because I can send lots of units (I remember unit groups have a low unit limit)

and how can I loop all units to see they are on the right spot , or if they are doing nothing ?

Solu9

Reaction score
Ok , now I'm creating units (not locust units) for brown player and change color to player color that cast that ability , so how can I select them now when they reach at their destination ?

You can add them to a unit group. Once a unit enter a region owned by a specific player add them to you unit group.

I believe you can add them to a unit group prior to adding locust, and then add locust, and then have a periodic trigger that goes through the unit group and checks where all the units are, and then once you find that a unit has reached your destination, you can order it to do something else

That might work.

andrei009

Reaction score
Like I sad unit groups have a limit (something small like 18-24 units per group). Anyway thanks , I find another way of doing this ... order units to attack what they find at that place and then I can select attacking units and do whatever I want with them .

But I have another quick question . Can I make units wait for 1 second before they will go to attack?

Solu9

Reaction score
Unit groups with a limit? I have never heard of that thus I Im pretty sure you are incorrect.

Yes you can add a wait, but waits are bad business all in all.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Unit groups with a limit? I have never heard of that thus I Im pretty sure you are incorrect.

the limit of a unit group is way more than 15-20, I believe it's 8192, but it should be sufficient unless you really have a TON of units

what do you mean by wait 1 second, like disable their attack for a second while enabling movement? have them move for 1 second and then get an order to attack/attack-move?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Code:
Distance between (Position of (LocustUnit)) and (Target point of ability being cast) Equal to 0.00
This?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.