how to detect bash

LightChaosma

Reaction score
title sais it all. how do i detect when a unit is bashed.

i need to be able to detect the unit who is bashed, and the unit who bashes

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I suggest you make the bash spell itself using triggers. Use the buff placer method and give a chance to summon a dummy unit to bash the target.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
but... this creates dummies... and my mpa has a problem with that... i refer to another topic i started without a satisfiing answer...
here

EDIT:
sry for double post

and in that topic you only have to read the first and the last post

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
doesnt the event
Trigger:
  • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
work in this case?
ok, it doesnt... nvm

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
use a specific bash buff, and when unit is attacked check after it takes damage if it has the buff. Ive made similar stuff, so im sure it works.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^ By bug I think you meant buff.

But yeah that's the way I would go about it. I'm pretty sure bash aflicts the target with a buff called "Bash" or somesuch. I would check for that. I was going to suggest a periodic check, but that would cause incredible lag, so I guess checking immediately after every attack would be a bit better.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
but make sure you check after attacked unit takes damage, not after its attacked, there is a big difference ;)

HellCraft

Reaction score
@Moridin
Not sure checking immediately after the attack starts would work because the enemy will get stunned some time after the attack is released.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
bash usually deals damage so check afterUNIT TAKES DAMAGE not after UNIT IS ATTACKED, again, there is a big difference.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
i see, nice tactic...
but i've gone for triggering the bash ability, but now i have the next problem, agian, a pervoious post...

but... this creates dummies... and my mpa has a problem with that... i refer to another topic i started without a satisfiing answer...
here

EDIT:
sry for double post

and in that topic you only have to read the first and the last post

HellCraft

Reaction score
Yeah but unit deals damage also detects spells like storm bolt, which also stuns.
I would suggest creating a new bash buff(with the same tooltips as normal stun buff) and make add that buff your bash skill. Then detect is the attacked unit has that buff when he takes damage.

EDIT: Why does your map have a problem with dummies?

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
Yeah but unit deals damage also detects spells like storm bolt, which also stuns.
I would suggest creating a new bash buff(with the same tooltips as normal stun buff) and make add that buff your bash skill. Then detect is the attacked unit has that buff when he takes damage.
A little above i said that

LightChaosma

Reaction score
EDIT: Why does your map have a problem with dummies?

if i knew that :p

i honestly have no clue... the damage aura just wont work whenever i create a dummy

(the bash problem has been solved by the way)

the map has no problem with dummies, it only has problems with the mass-creation of dummies... or wichever unit... when i mass create any type of unit, my damage aura fails, no matter where i put them on the map...

the dieing is solved by removing them all at the same time instead of exp timers

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
E: Unit is attacked.
C: Attacked unit has buff stun(pause)

jomik

Reaction score
Dameon, that wont work, and if you read the topic, you'd see that he already figured how to do the bash. It wont work because, unit is attacked, triggers as soon as someone starts an attack, means I could click attack, and be on the opposite site of the map. And it's buggy. :D
- The dummy thing, I have no idea, does it work if you create less units? :O

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
It wont work because, unit is attacked, triggers as soon as someone starts an attack, means I could click attack, and be on the opposite site of the map.

That "action" is called clicking, not attacking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.