Tutorial How to make a Grenade type Spell

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
does thunderclap affect all of the units that you needed it to? the only way to deal damage with my model is through thunderclap so your problem has to be there.

also as far as pocket factory goes, if you use that you do not get the targeting image which is what i wanted, so if youre fine with no targeting image go right ahead and use pocket factory.

as for the invulnerability thing. you're right i let that one slip i guess, just make both dummies invulnerable and allow acid bomb to target invulnerable units

p.s. my apologies with being 5 days late on a response, ive been working vigoriously on my new map which is basically ready for release i just need a little bit more multiplayer testing. if you see it online be sure to join it, its called Space Orcs!

1nsane

This is a very cool spell, but I cant get the grenade to have any projectile model
I downloaded the grenade model from the hive but I cant get it working, is there some special place the model must be placed?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
the onlyplace you have to set for thegrenade to work is the missile art of the acid bomb spell. if it still doesnt work then theres a problem with the model.

1nsane

I think its the model, because everything I downloaded from the hive is .mdx and I cant seem to get those working, no matter what I tried.

Edit: I just tried resetting the model to default and tested it, but it did not even have the acid bomb model on it

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
do you have all the targets set properly? remember that the acid bomb should be able to target vulnerabale and invulnerable units. that could be the problem

Ub3r_

Reaction score
I found that after the ability is cast the dummy unit that is created at the target location shows on the minimap as a white dot. You may want to fix that.

1nsane

I have given the Acid bomb targets allowed, everything else but none and air have been left out and still I dont get it t show up.

Ub3r, that is fixed by setting the dummy unit
Stats - Hide minimap display -> True.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
good call Insane. i think you may have too many fields checked then. try setting these:

air
enemy
friend
ground
invulnerable
neutral
vulnerable

those are exactly what i have

1nsane

Allright, now it works with normal models, but how do i get the Grenade.mdx working?
Its currently in fodler: Warcraft III\GrenadeMissilebyKitabatake

On the note of .mdx, I have a few charater models that are in .mdx too, but the editor always changes the custom vaules to .mdl

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
for the mdx you have to make sure all of the paths for the textures are correct. if it has no custom textures then it should work just by importing it. make you sure you save and then reopen your map afterward or else it will not work.

Kiido

Reaction score
No matter what I set the missle art for the Acid bomb-dummy spell, it ALWAYS comes out as this yellow beam of light?

Help!:confused:

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
This seems like quite a nice tutorial, one note though, make your second dummy invulnerable and the Acid Bomb spell able to target invulnerable units. Otherwise some random things will try to attack your dummy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.