How to make an ability auto-castable?

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Is there any way to take a pre-existing ability and make it auto-castable? Auto-castable meaning...right-click it, and it auto casts every time its cooldown is up.

This would be really useful for a Taunt-like ability I'm working on.

Thanks!

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
i don't think there is a way to make Taunt auto-castable

it needs order strings for example Frost arrows have "coldarrows" and "uncoldarrows" as their strings to make it auto
but you could trigger it i suppose...

events
every 5 seconds of game time
conditoins
actions
order <some unit> to taunt

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

The map I'm making is rather large-scale. A lot of stuff will be going on at once. Will making a trigger like that contribute to game lag?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
it shouldn't
if it is a big game with "a lot of stuff going on at once," please be sure to remove leaks, major creater of LAG

xombie

Reaction score
You could try replacing an auto-cast ability with Taunt using the Engineering Upgrade. I'm not sure if this will allow it to be auto-cast or not, but there are a lot of crazy things you can do with Engineering Upgrade that changes the way abilities work in the user interface.

For example, if have the ability "War Stomp" and you replace it with an ability, say, "Blink" (using the engineering upgrade ability) it will make your ability look like Blink, though when you use it it will simply teleport the caster to it's own location (and play the effects, and run the cooldown etc.).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.