How to: Make Cliffs & Castles

S

Solidarity

Dois - is the written part really that confusing?

Er had to bump this. I just saw like 3 maps with terrible terraining :p

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I love your attention to detail on this peice. Tell me how to +rep and ill add some... lol

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hey, is it possible to make those archers real by triggering the height of the unit up to where it's on top of the scout tower, then make pathing blockers around the scout tower so units on top may not get out. Then you can set a region in the area of the scout tower so the unit can get out from the top, but reseting the height to normal?

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The hieght of the archers probably wouldn't be 'reset' as such... Just make two different archers have different movement heights.

The rest sounds possible. That would make a cool addition to a game.

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Pathing Blockers

Why dont u put some pathing blockers on so you cant move down the sides of the cliff? That would be cool...

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
To have a unit stand on the wall, you could use "invisible platform" and raise it to the top of the wall. (if you do be sure to add pathing blockers so they can't run down from the wall,:p maybe use some stairs(also made by invisible platforms?)). If you're using TFT that is ofc...

rtatpi

Reaction score
wow this is one of the most useful tutorials (for me at least) i've encountered. I think your doodad placement is great and changing the tints of the doodads as is cool too. I'd have to say my favorite part was your housing area. Hopefully you'll have time to add on to the tutorial on other parts of a castle town. +rep

Zackreaver

Reaction score
Truly a Work of art.

Fantastic tutorial, it inspires me to make one of my own.

i dont rly like it::/ 2 small of a castle
dude its a tutorial, he took time out of his day to teach people how to make a quality castle, if you want a bigger castle, do what he did except do it a hundred times in a wide area with some different stuff.

Z

Zelune

great tutorial, but how would you emulate cliff visibility? i.e., from the bottom of the cliff, you can't see the top, and from the top, you can see all around.

W

WCMapmaker

Could you give post instructions on how to put units and doodads on top of building, likes towers and walls? Much appreciated

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That is what these Tutorials are all about. Glad you figured it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.