How to make Damage Area not to affect you alies, youself and buildings?

joohen

Reaction score
I made a ability, its passive. % when people attacks you, the guy will blow up, affecting his nearby units. Heres my trigger.
Trigger:
  • BackUp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Air Support ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and (25 - ((Level of Air Support for (Triggering unit)) x 5))) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacking unit)) using war3mapImported\Artillery.mdx
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacking unit)) using war3mapImported\NewMassiveEX.mdx
          • Wait 0.20 seconds
          • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
          • Wait 0.01 seconds
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Position of (Attacking unit)), dealing (((Real((Level of Air Support for (Triggering unit)))) x 250.00) + 400.00) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Demolition
          • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
It hurts me so i made my unit invulnerable, but my units are also affected.... So, how? Or is there any other alternate ways?:(

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You can't.
You need to set a unit group and deal damage to each (Picked unit).

EDIT: A unit is attacked is a useless event.

Reaction score
Pick every unit in area around caster, with condition "matching unit belongs to an enemy of (owner of (Triggering unit)).

Then, a "Pick every unit in <this temp group> and Do" loop, with an action "Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked Unit), dealing (((Real((Level of Air Support for (Triggering unit)))) x 250.00) + 400.00) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Demolition"

Or something like that. Don't have WE in front of me.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Then what should i change the event to? well, i am a GUI Noob.:p

I expect 'a unit takes damage' is what you are looking for.
However, this will trigger even from ranged attacks as well as spell damage.
-This is a specific unit event, so you must add the event through another trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.