How to make damage detecting not detect the damage?

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a problem here.

Example:
I have a damage detecting system which shows damage done via 'floating text ingame' when unit takes damage.

And I have this 2nd system here that makes a unit takes damage and heal it back. Like it did not damage the unit when playing it ingame because they will not notice it because it was healed back. This damaging from this system has a purpose, to detect something, and the hp lost will be healed back.

The problem there is, there is a conflict. The 2nd system triggers the first system(the damage detecting). Which shows the damage done by the system but it didn't really do any damage in-game(because it was healed back, which is the purpose to detect something).

Anyway I can prevent the 2nd system' damage(<<< Only this' damage from the 2nd system) to avoid triggering the first systems damage detecting?

I hope you understand, my English is not good.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on which of the triggers fires first you can have your second trigger deactivate the first one for a short period of time. That would be easy but sloppy.
Additionally you could have somekind of indicator on the unit, for example a custom passive ability with no icon which you add to the damaged unit in the second trigger and in the first trigger you check if the damaged unit got that ability and if it does no damage will be shown but the ability will be removed instead.
Again, this depends on the order in which those triggers run.

There is of course the possibility for the damage detection system to check whether the next hit should not be displayed depending on how you have set up your ability. For example, if it leaves a custom buff which shows that the next hit will be healed there you got your condition. Or if you add a passive ability to your unit or some other form of indication which unit is affected by this kind of damage protection.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.