How to make NPC hero cast custom abilities?

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have a few bosses on my map that are controlled by computers. As of right now, the only abilities they use are the ones that don't require triggering. They don't use the abilities that are based off of Channel. How can I make them use those abilities too?

Thanks!

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You could use a trigger to order them to cast the ability. Other than that, I know of no way to make the standard AI use such abilities.

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The only way besides giving them orders I know of is to base the custom abilities on abilities that would be used in a similar situation, rather than Channel. For instance, if you want them to cast a debuff, base it off of Curse or Slow of Cripple or something, then remvoe all effects of the original spell and tirgger the effect you want.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I was afraid of that...guess I'll have to redo part of the triggers. It makes me wonder why you can only issue orders for just a short list of abilities...

Thanks guys.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you issue an order to a unit you dont tell him to use some ability but to use an ability which order string matches the one you specified.
for the ability channel you can set the order string to use yourself, you could say your custom channel uses the order string STORMBOLT, then you can order your unit to cast stormbolt and he will use your custom channel.

thats the same reason you cannot give 2 abilities based on the same ability (exept some limited fews) to a single unit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it most likely does otherwise my maps would get a tad more boring then before.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.