how to make skeletons as summons?

wAyz

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to create a little "funmap". There i wanted to create about 3 wisps and 10 skeletons. the wisps have to dispel the skeletons. One team controls the 3 wisps, the other team the 10 skeletons. But ingame i can't detonate the skeletons with the wisps. Can you tell me how to make the skeletons as "Summons" like in a melee game?

Ithladir

Reaction score
Well one way is to make a dummy unit cast "Dark Portal" which makes them summoned units and still have no timeout. Then change owner to the ones who are suppose to control them.

Edit: Thought some and noticed that i forgot that you can just set the unit to "summoned" in Unit Classification in Object Editor. So you can create them normally which is easier and just give them the Classification.

wAyz

Reaction score
thank you very much, iam in the object editor right now but i can't find the button "set as summon" or something like else. Could you tell me where i can find it?

kaboo

Reaction score
if u have english world editor then just open the unit in object editor, scroll down to stats, and last stat is:
stats - unit classification
double click on it and select summoned

wAyz

Reaction score
thanks a lot!

edit: one last question, how can i create a map without automatically generating a player start location? as i said i wanted to create a funmap without start locations (sorry iam pretty new to the world editor).

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Start locations are where the players will be originally looking at....I'm not sure you can remove start locations completely.

Ithladir

Reaction score
thanks a lot!

edit: one last question, how can i create a map without automatically generating a player start location? as i said i wanted to create a funmap without start locations (sorry iam pretty new to the world editor).

First off, don't worry about asking stuff that's why you are here. :)

Second, you can place start locations in your "Unit Palette" just like normal units, also since i believe this should would be a problem as well you can remove the starting units in "Initialization" in the Trigger window. So no extra units will spawn when the map is run like town halls or workers. :)

kaboo

Reaction score
wayz- start location = town hall + 5 five workers? if yes go to trigger editor(the yellow "a") on the upper pannel, and delete the initialization category. when you do this there will be nothing on the start location only camera for the player who owns it will start there

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.