How to refresh cooldown on items only?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Add/Remove items?

I might be wrong, but aslong as you don't have any triggers that depend on adding or removing items.
And you remove them and then re-add them. I think the cooldowns are reset, aslong as they are unique to your 'ability' abilities.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Add/Remove items?

I might be wrong, but aslong as you don't have any triggers that depend on adding or removing items.
And you remove them and then re-add them. I think the cooldowns are reset, aslong as they are unique to your 'ability' abilities.

This worked a long time ago but was apparently a bug which blizzard has fixed in a patch a while ago.
There is no way known to me how to achieve this with the latest version of warcraft 3.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Oh.
The only way would be to replace the unit; or create a dummy version of that item with exactly the same effect just a different base ability. That way they would have different cooldown groups.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Eg, your hero has a Dagger of Escape. That allows you to blink.
You blink, and then use your ability to reset your item cooldown, when this happens you trigger the item to me removed and then replaced with a different item but has the exact same properties (perhaps a different base blink for eg) but looks exactly the same.
That way you wont notice it but it will look if the cooldown reset.

Just make sure that there are enough dummy items for the duration of the cooldown.

Also note that this is untested, I havent done this. Just an idea, a possibility.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.