html ...

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Godamn, as a requirement now at college you have to go to a software class of your choose.

I chose php with mysql, didn't know anything at all, went there for 2 weeks, and I was ready for the final project which was making a forum.

Php and mysql turned out to be incredibly easy but found out: Damn Html is difficult how do you make a pretty usable page? it seems each tag has like 600 secret variations it is a bunch of crazy stuff. And what the heck is a style sheet?!

That's all I had to say.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
style sheets or .CSS is used for the mouse over changes and other thing to pretty-ness your site up :)

F

-fool-

that is the major problem with html imo. theres ony like 30-40 commands you ccan write, but damnit every one of them has 50 different variations and crap like that.

.css sheets are also useful for fonts and that - btw - if you want a quick and dirty webpage that will be easy to make, but not be exactly what you want or very advanced, try dreamweaver. it adds a TON of useless code, is really aggravating when trying advanced stuff, but for regular stuff or setting up the basics, and then taking that code to notepad, its much faster than writing it out.

(dreamweaver = $200 + or 2 hours on bittorent. your choice.)

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Cascade Style Sheets are the universal settings for the page. If you want a certain font for the site, you'd put the command in the Style Sheet, and load the Style Sheet on each page in the Body tag.

Also, it's very useful to load certain versions of HTML and PHP. Instead of loading HTML, you can load HTML 4.0.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I now love the w3 read specifications and will now move to xhtml, I love style sheets too, well I actually love everything, mostly because I got a 100 in this.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Congrats Vex. Stick with XHTML 1.0 Transitional, Strict will give you a world of pain.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm loving PHP.

Its so much better than CGI.

Back in the day, you had HTML files, THEN script files.

PHP switches back and forth. Html/code/html/code, which is amazing what you can do. Like our front page breaks out of HTML, and uses PHP to pull up the forum posts, then back to HTML again.

(Acehart and I have a special hidden forum here for such things. HTML, PHP, CSS, JAVA, MySQL etc.)

The map server I wrote uses all of this, many lines of code, and many include files. Thanks to Ace who knows much better Java than I do.

Thats the biggest reason I use PHP - because its SO easy to server side include thins ( include(page.php); ) so almost all my sites are 'templates' with the header, menu, etc, that every other file 'includes'.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.