News HWInfo finally introduces on-screen display functionality, making one of my all time favorite apps even better

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
As a PC hardware geek, I consider HWInfo64 to be an absolutely essential tool. It's a comprehensive program that gives you information on just about every feature and monitoring statistic you could ever hope for.

Now it's getting a feature I have long wished for. The latest HWInfo beta version includes on-screen display support, meaning it can now function as an all in one system monitoring and information app. As a gamer, you previously needed to use apps like MSI Afterburner or FRAPS to give you OSD support. These apps are particularly useful for keeping an eye on essential things like your in-game GPU temperatures, but HWInfo can do so much more than that.

HWInfo can monitor literally hundreds of different functions related to every aspect of your system, and you can choose which ones to show in the OSD. You might want to keep an eye on an SSD that gets hot GPU air dumped on it, your GPU's memory usage, or how much power your CPU gobbles up at any given time.

OSD monitoring is far from a new concept. Core OSD capabilities such as temperature or clock speed monitoring would not have been worth mentioning as these functions are already supported by other apps. But, HWInfo's far more comprehensive monitoring options when combined with the functionality of CPU-Z, GPU-Z, or FRAPS is very welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.