Spellpack Hydro Rings, Unleash Liquid, Drown and Water Strike

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
This spellpack contains 4 MUI/JASS spells.

Hydro Rings

Import Difficulty: Low

Units Affected: Enemy, Ground

Target Type: AoE

Spell Info:

Creates 3 rings of liquidation around the target point, one after another just split seconds apart that grow smaller after each ring has exploded. Each explosion of liquid deals damage.

Level 1 - 30 damage/explosion.
Level 2 - 60 damage/explosion.
Level 3 - 90 damage/explosion.
Level 4 - 120 damage/explosion.

hydroringstj1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unleash Liquid

Units Affected: Enemy, Ground, Organic

Target Type: Point

Spell Info:

The caster shoots forward to the target point, then once reached, he unleashes a powerfull nova of liquid waves that damage enemy ground units they collide with.

Level 1 - Each wave of liquid deals 50 damage.
Level 2 - Each wave of liquid deals 75 damage.
Level 3 - Each wave of liquid deals 100 damage.
Level 4 - Each wave of liquid deals 125 damage.

unleashliquidyu2.jpg

Drown

Units Affected: Enemy, Ground, Organic

Target Type: Single Unit

Spell Info:

The caster drenches a target enemy unit in many explosions of water, causing them to drown over a duration. The drowing target takes damage per explosion of water, and each explosion also decreases movement speed. The target's movement speed is set back to normal at the end.

Level 1 - Lasts for 10 explosions, each explosion drains 5 movespeed & deals 10 damage.
Level 2 - Lasts for 11 explosions, each explosion drains 6 movespeed & deals 15 damage.
Level 3 - Lasts for 12 explosions, each explosion drains 7 movespeed & deals 20 damage.
Level 4 - Lasts for 13 explosions, each explosion drains 8 movespeed & deals 25 damage.

<Screeny not included>

Water Strike

Units Affected: Enemy, Ground

Target Type: No Target

Spell Info:

The caster evaporates themself into thin air, becoming invisible for 3 seconds, then strikes a random nearby enemy ground unit, dealing damage and stunning enemy unit's within a small AoE in front of the caster for a short duration.

Level 1 - 60 damage, stunning for 1 second.
Level 2 - 120 damage, stunning for 1.5 seconds.
Level 3 - 180 damage, stunning for 2 seconds.
Level 4 - 240 damage, stunning for 2.5 seconds.

<Screeny not included>

Map: (updated August 1st 2007):

Attachments

• Water Spellpack.w3x
    72 KB · Views: 1,098

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
lol i only like the 2 aoe abilities

unleash liquid and hydro ring,
the other two kinda common, and not so nice <3

btw i like your map terraning XD
teach me !!!

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
they are mui right?
anyways
can i easily edit the numbers for your first 2 spells to do more dmg?

LordOglog

Reaction score
Spellpack

Very nice spell pack I think water strike and unleash liquid are the best but they are all very good.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Very Nice once agian Tinki! Happy New Years and have fun during your 3 weeks! (Yeah I actually read the thread then just look at pics)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
they are mui right?
anyways
can i easily edit the numbers for your first 2 spells to do more dmg?
I dunno the difference between mui mpi or whatever so I donno lol. and yes you can easily edit the first two spells for damage changes. and chocobo could you perhaps tell me if they are mui or whatever? sorry for my sloppy writing its because I'm using my cell phone.. I can hardly "type".

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I dunno the difference between mui mpi or whatever so I donno lol. and yes you can easily edit the first two spells for damage changes. and chocobo could you perhaps tell me if they are mui or whatever? sorry for my sloppy writing its because I'm using my cell phone.. I can hardly "type".

Can't open it. (WEU?)

Respawn System : Why not using Triggering unit simply (stills MUI)
Hydro Rings : MUI.
Unleash Liquid : MUI. So does in GUI if you want for newbies.
Drown(ing?) : MUI.
Water Strike : MUI.

Removes those ugly BJs :p

udg_SystemSpawn_RespawnUnit : Never used
udg_h : Never used
gg_rct_1 : Never used
gg_rct_2 : Never used
gg_rct_3 : Never used
gg_rct_4 : Never used
gg_rct_5 : Never used
gg_rct_6 : Never used
gg_rct_7 : Never used
gg_rct_8 : Never used

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
MUI Spells, MPI Spells, or Unit Spells only?

Ok, that's it. :p

Now someone has to teach me what MUI MPI and whatever spells are.
What I want is a list of the names (shorts and full) of the different types of spells. What they do, how they do it, and examples of spells. (Preferably Default ones, such as Critical strike and Chain Lightning.) If you can't think of a default (Blizzard) spell, then referring to spells from Dota Allstars is fine, as long as you mention the name of the spell and the name of the Hero who uses it. All of this will, of course, be rewarded with +rep. ^^
Thank you very much.

OnTopic:
Very nice spells there, Tinki3. :)
But I must say I hate the Water Elemental skin, it's so ugly. And I'd never want it as a Hero. (I want some cool Hero, like Blademaster.)
But the spells are really neat!
+rep for these. :)

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
These are very nice. And have Synergies as well.
Great ability skills. I am impressed. And the terrain also looks good even if you focused on the spells.

Voted for the best ;)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Obviously I'm probably "biased" through high standards, but I think this is strictly average.

The triggering is beyond simple for some of these (though, to be honest, I do appreciate the JASS effort). You don't need to use CreateNUnitsAtLoc, you can simply set a unit equal to CreateUnit and then set it to null (to stop a leak). You can also encase an added special effect in a destroyeffect to instantly destroy it and save a line.

And there are pointless BJs you should eliminate. If you can, dl a system like Jass Shop Pro so you can sift through the library of functions. A lot of them are a waste of calling.

Also, I've moved to this recently--you don't need to use UnitApplyTimedLife if you set their health regeneration to negative 1.00 and then set their hp to the number of seconds you want them to live.

-Hydro Rings

Blah in theory. All it does is loop through an explosion of rings to do damage. Cool I suppose if someone doesn't want to write their own water nuking spell, because, indeed, the graphic effect is pretty.

-Unleash Liquid

Lame name. I'd rather call it something nonsensical but cooler, like Aqua Burst. "Unleash Liquid" doesn't even suggest the teleportation effects. The idea is also simple. Dash to point, make flashy effect, and hurt an area. However, I must say, I liked the graphical effect on this one.

-Drown

I like this one the most. The only thing that strikes out to me in the pack. Not particularly special, but it's always nice to see something that does more than just damage.

However, by making the attachment overhead, it's very shaky. May I suggest attaching it to chest or origin instead?

-Water Strike

Not particularly special at all. Not useful either. Sorry, but who wants to strike a random nearby unit? Not a hero, anyway.

I

IndianSummer

dry of ideas for water abilities.

Don't know why, sounds funny to me :p
I agree...because, when you play a map you want to have fun, and who cares if the spells are simple or "uncreative" if they're fun ?
As long as a spell is leak free, pretty looking and/or fun to use, I'm glad to get some spells for my RPG :D
w00t, didn't even +rep you yet lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.