i have a HUUUUGE problem/bug

a j j bones

Reaction score
im making an orpg and ever since a few updates ive made to it whenver i host and and when its done loading a screen comes up looking like the games over and ill the players names r changed to mapstealer, this hasnt happened before and i dont know wtf could be wrong, im using Wc3 map optimizer 4.0 to protect my map

Curuinor

Reaction score
Assuming that you aren't one of what the player names suggest, look at the triggers and see if you haven't added any triggers when you were drunk or something that could do that.

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Try posting your triggers... It would help alot when trying to help you :)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
A lot is two words, and that happens because your name being used is WorldEdit. Change it and that won't happen :)

a j j bones

Reaction score
first of all , my name isnt world edit and im talking about on battle.net not world editor testing, second of all i have a TON of triggers it would take up a ton of space to post them all

a j j bones

Reaction score
i dont rename anything or anyone it just shows the score screen like at the end of the game and changes everyones name to mapstealer

Zeromatter

Reaction score
There's nothing that should be able to do that in WC3. The only way for a player's name to change is: Use a namespoofer, or through triggers.

The only way for a game to end is: You get DC'ed by a kicking program, or through triggers. (Or you quit.)

So here's what's going on.

1. Either you have a trigger that ends the game/changes the players names.

2. Everyone you play with has a name spoofer, change their names to mapstealer, and then leaves the game. Then you quit.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I'd have to go with 2. No some people add in a trigger where if someone has the name WorldEdit do all of that. And spoofs can't change their name in game, only in a lobby.

Zeromatter

Reaction score
Really? (About the namespoofing thing) I coulda sworn this guy stole one of my save codes by spoofing my name and then loading. (The outcome: 2 heroes exactly the same.....really odd game that was.)

Anyways, my post above was sarcastic. Obviously, a j j bones, you have a trigger that changes player's names/defeats them. I suggest going over every trigger, looking for the one that changes stuff. (Using the object manager is useful here.)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I knew it was sarcastic, when I said I'd go with 2 I was being sarcastic too :p
If you have that anti-map hacker worldedit trigger just remove it anyways, it's useless, because they can just host it online to test anyways..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.