I Need a map of a city

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I need a map of a little modern city or something made for me. It's for a map that I've been making and I need to get someone that likes cartography. It needs to be kind of small since I'm making interiors for the buildings, and it needs to have things like apartments, gas stations, stores, banks, street names, ect.

If anyone has some free time to draft something that would be awesome.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
You want terrain done? Or you want a picture of a city drawn in perspective ..etc?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Depending on what he wants, Google might not be the answer this time :D. I suspect he wants a picture drawn of a city with certain things (that he mentions in the First Post.) But I'm not sure. The context isn't clear from his post.

Varine, can you clarify what you want?

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
are you guys a little simple minded or even dumb? oO he said im making a map and i need someone to need a city not to big because im going to creatr the interior... hes clearly talking about a map and not a drawing... if he needed a drawing he would say can someone pleas draw me a small city?

Vaius

Reaction score
Map can refer to a drawing of a certain area.

Example:
world-map.gif

He did not say he needed someone to make a map, but that he needed a map [picture of a planned city] with what he asked (he could possibly want an actual WarcraftIII map file, but it sounds more like the former to me). Therefore, you are the simple minded one. Dumb simply means one cannot talk.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
No need for credit, you can distribute those as long as you do not say you made them. When I'm done with them (or sure I won't finish them) I'll properly submit them here.

They're a bit hard to use - but they get the job done very well.
Models: Me in 3dmax 5.0 - Textures resized/tiled in Photoshop (orignally from CGtexture.com)
http://clanbom.com/download/file.php?id=375

EDIT: pictures.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5500/61688089.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/952/28609083.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9228/34274275.jpg

EDIT2: Total imports: 387 (2.8kb per import, very rough answer)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to reply, I had to move because I got evicted from my last apartment. Something about not smoking inside and smoke alarms going off....

Anyway, yes now that I re-read it it's a little bit unclear to some extent.

I do just need a drawing of a little city for a NotD-style map. I am too lazy to do so myself, as that would require me to pretend to be a cartographer which I do not want to do, regardless of what high school tests recommended.... Anyway, the way I've been working on setting it up is having a grid set up, with on block being the exterior, while another is the first floor interiors, another is the second floor, etc. So something like a quarter or third of a full sized map. I just assumed there would be some little archetect or city planner here who takes video games way too seriously. Which would be awesome for me because I really don't want to do it, all I'm saying. My plan was to then take the map and then make the models based off that, because I already tried and the city I drew sucked, and so did the other seven. I did hang them on my fridge though, so I could feel proud of myself.

Windex: What's up with these random model packs you keep making? I mean, I love them, they save me a ton of time since you tend to have something I don't really feel like making, but every once in a while you just pop up with something with like four hundred models in it that somehow fits my search. This time you came up with interiors, although I've yet to open anything so I'm not sure if they work how I need. But thank you, I will take a look at it when I get ambitious enough.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.