I need help with wc3

F(i)r(e)

Reaction score
i need help with multi arrow , i alittle noob at this stuff. ok i was trying to make the multi arrow thing like it shows on website. but i have a problem i cant get it to work on wc3. so took and edited the map with mpq master and mpq viewer got my abilites and stuff then imported them with WE then i put this in the humanAbilityfunc
[Agyv] =TureSight | From Human Jet Plane gyrocopter
Art=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BNTMultyArrows.blp
Unart=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BNTMultyArrows.blp
Buttonpos=0,2
Missileart=Abilities\Weapons\FlamingArrow\fire10022.blp
Missilespeed=900
MissileHoming=1
DataC1=0 - number of targets allowed
this shows up as fire arrows but some reason lol they just dont split up.
do i have to have barrage?
And human abiliy strings
[Agyv]
Name=Multi Arrows
Tip=MultiArrows
Ubertip="Allows you to shoot more than 1 arrow."
EditorSuffix= (ARCHERS)
lol i dont even know if i should be doing this lol. but i all ready knew how to make alittle rawdata
and add to mpq. so i was trying to do what the website said through this stuff but what the hell i need help.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Multi arrows to your map?
You need to be a little more specific about your problem.

Multi arrows sounds like an ability to me. In that case, you probably want to add it to a certain Hero/unit-type?
I am guessing that if the above statement is correct, (1) you are having problems with finding the ability. (2) Or you don't know how to add it to the certain unit.

1. In RoC you can't access the ability editor (can be found in the object editor, under a tab named abilities. Or something similar.) -and there's nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid.
2. If you CAN find the ability, and want to add it to a unit. Simply open the Object Editor (F6) and find your unit in the list. Then, at the top of the unit's stats, there's a field named 'Abilities' (or something similar). Double click this and then add it to the unit's list, or edit an excisting ability and replace this with the Multi arrows ability. Then click ok and save your map and it should work!

Then again, I might be wrong about what you want. Please try to be more specific, and I hope you get it right.

F(i)r(e)

Reaction score
i changed the post, dont know if that will help. i dont know how to make it with roc , so that my archer will shoot more than 1 arrow.i added the multiarrows ability the way i want but i just cant get it to do what i tell it to do, it goes completly crazy.

Exide

Reaction score
Rawdata and making spells for RoC..
You want to contact Tonks about this one. :p
He knows all there is about RoC. Try sending him a PM and link to this thread.

I tried to do something similar to this once, but could never get it to work and ended up crashing my World Editor. So I gave it up and bought TFT. :p
So you don't want to take advice from me on this subject, sorry.

F(i)r(e)

Reaction score
well ok, thanks for trying to help me . ya my head hurts for how much stuff i have learned this week. have being working with rawdata for like 8days now. starting to get the hang of it. but no multi arrow. lol

Exide

Reaction score
I know how you feel, but I never got that far, I'm afraid. :p
It seemed all logical and simple but it never worked. :(
Well, try to ask Tonks, he's the man.

Tonks

Reaction score
Well, you'll most likely have to work with dummy units. That's the only way I see it working.
The thing is, having multiple arrows striking more than one unit isn't part of the rawdata, it's part of the triggering.
Did you add the spell to the SLK's?

But, before I go on a tangent, what exactly do you want your spell to do?

F(i)r(e)

Reaction score
slks? dont think .. well for one i want it to have frost arrows to slow for all the levels of the spell then i was wanted to add like posion spell to the spells frost arrows like at level 2 or 3. also i want the arrows to have slow speed so they dont hit the target giveing them a chance to move. And say if u buy a new arrow from shop and it adds fire attack i want the arrow to follow the archer. so they will have to get away from it. i looked at what i done wrong by making multi arrows with triggers. how i get the multi arrow triggers into my roc map. do i convert the triggers and then copy to my map? i think i said all that right lol.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Well if you want, for simple basics, you could use the Barrage ability of the siege tank to fire multiple shots at once...

F(i)r(e)

Reaction score
For one it is in triggers and for another i posted to one of tonks postes and it was long ago and wasnt even for me lol but i wasnt useing the triggers. i have found out my problem lol. im stupid :)
im stupid im stupid. lol look at this post LOL LINK well gusse im done, being an idoit for today.
ya im going to, i know how i can do it now. i found out that i had to use triggers to creat multi shot lmfao thanks guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.