I need to set zoom options, by Chat Message

joaoac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i need a trigger that does this:

- When any player types "zoom x" it changes the offset camera to that determinated position.

Actually I can make a trigger that grants the player to change its offset camera and then reset with another Trigger called "reset zoom", BUT

The questions are:

1- Do I have to copy/paste it for every player or is it possible to make some Player x where x is the triggering player?
2- What are the Actions and Conditions to set that when player types 500 it ll offsets 500, when typing 700 the same for 700 and on and on?

Actually i can only set fixed positions like
Player 1 (Red) types a message containing zoom 500 as An exact match.
The red ones are the things I want to make it variable for every player whitou having to copy/paste it 12 times and with a variation of offset camera from standard to 1000 heigth distance.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You do not have to make an event for every possible zoom value, but you will need to make a copy of the event for each player.

Simply use:
Player 1 (Red) types a message containing zoom as A substring.
Player 2 (Blue) types a message containing zoom as A substring.
as many times as you have players

For setting the distance you will need something like this:

Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, 10)))) over 0.00 seconds

Obviously the above action if for my example trigger. Where -cam 700 would set the range to 700 because the positions 6-10 are being used for the range. I do suggest putting some limitations in here, perhaps a condition checking if its in a decent range. You wouldn't want anything really under 500 or above 4000.

Below I have an example of setting the zoom via a "-cam XXX" command.

Trigger:
  • Camera Range
    • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, 10)))) over 0.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.