Ice spells?

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Okay, i've started making a hero arena which I have BARELY started, and i'm working on the first hero, an ice sorceress. I usually completely suck at coming up with spells, and I can't think of any for ice except maybe a kind of freezing bash thing. So I need 3 normal spells and 1 ultimate spell, 5 levels and 3 levels for the ultimate. Any ideas guys? :D

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
Chilling Presence - Slows all nearby enemy attack and movement speed, drains x mana per second.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Negative endurance aura that targets only enemies. Trigger the mana drain using periodic events or adding a negative brilliance aura when the spell is learned and hiding it in a spellbook. Search on the forums how to hide passive abilities in a spellbook.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Thanks, i'll look into it. Keep the spell ideas coming :D

Edit: I cant set the numbers (atk speed and move speed) To a negative (-0.05), so how do I do it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
to set negative values you have to:
A). allow negative values in the editor options
B). hold down shift when clicking the field

or you use some third party programm like WEU (though WEU is outdated) which will disable the limits by default.

on-topic:
Wall of Ice (Active) (Point Target)
Creates a block of ice at the targeted location. The block of ice will freeze random targets by chance (an attack with low range and attack speed and 100% bash). it will also block away enemys.
(basically its a structure with either the frost nova model or the ice crystal (doodad) model and an attack with bash)

Cold Heart (Active) (Unit target)
summons a sharp small ice bolt which will shoot right into the heart of the target to freeze it. with a frozen heart the unit will lose its attack power and permanently lose some hit points.
(basically a dot + nerf with ice effect)

Avalunch (Active) (channeling)
chunks of ice will spawn around the caster in a distance of 1200 and, at first, slowly begin to move towards the caster speeding up eventually. when the ice chunks hit an enemy on their way that unit is damaged. when the chunks reach the caster they will surround it forming an armor of ice which blocks physical attack damage.
(basically summoning dummy units which move towards the caster with permanent immolation. when the dummys reach the caster cast some armor bonus skill (inner fire for example) on it)

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Okay, your spells are pretty damn sweet, but i'm bad with dummy spells as I said in my first post. Any way for you to simply tell me how to do that last spell? Other then that, they're very good.

Edit: Btw, I cant find the action to drain a units mana (as the other spell above suggested me to do). Any ideas?

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set Mana of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit))-10)

(Hand-written)

If I remember well, it's Unit - Set state. I suggest using the negative brilliance aura, though.

@Accname : Adding the mountain giants' attack blocking passive (can't remember the name) with a 100% chance to trigger could have a nicer effect for "blocking" physical damage.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Mmm, I'll take your advice on the brilliance aura then even if it'll take a bit longer..I'll have to find a tutorial for that spellbook thing, though. (The problem is, what if their inventory is full?)

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Spellbook is an ability that's for an item, but doesn't actually need an item. What it does is it adds abilities to a unit when used, allowing them to have more than the default max number of abilities. If you disable that ability for a player, they can't see that spellbook ability, but the other abilities inside it are still in effect, if passive.

Edit: Found link.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34530

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Thanks, read it and it was helpful..Except for one thing. What happens if the passive ability has multiple levels? Do you have to create one for each level, or does it level automaticly with the spell books level?

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Edit:

Outbreak191 said:
If you use a trigger and level up an ability that a unit has in a spellbook for the unit with the spellbook, the ability will level up inside the spellbook.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Lmao, of course, i've never used Jass either XD. I think i'll stick with creating multiple spells of the same spell for levels I guess, lol.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Oh, nice, thanks :D. I cant give rep, says I need to spread it around. -_-.

Edit:Okay, officially a total noob at making spell scripts. I cant find an action/condition that checks what level the Chilling Presence is to give the mana drain the same level.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Code:
Set Integer to = Level of [COLOR="Blue"][U]ability[/U][/COLOR] for [COLOR="Blue"][U]unit[/U][/COLOR]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.