I'm Back/Need help

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
after three long years ;( tear. Not sure if this was my exact name but something along these lines, might of been MMGMaker or something, but ima keep this short.

Will be using these forums for help of course but i need someone that wants to participate full time IE 2-3+ hours a week working with me on this map over skype. Map style is up for debate for whomever choses to be my co-creator. I have extensive knowledge in map making since ive been doing it for 10 years since wc2 and starcraft, my jass is a little rusty but im sure it will come back however i want to make sure you know jass so we can catch each others mistakes and the map will be created much faster.

My last map had 30,000 downloads and i understand thats gunna be hard to top now since wc3 is lucky to get 50k online users at a time now but this is the last big one before sc2 comes out. We all know they probably wont make a wc4 and they ruined the series with WoW because they suck so this is why im making 1 last hugely popular map, is to keep wc3 alive in our hearts forever despite how much it will decline in 6 months when sc2 has been out for a bit.

Also i am working out of a firewall connection so i wont be able to host it our download Bot to host it so you will have to be able to host so we can test, don't worry i have a clan bot for when it is finished to download it onto.

If more than 1 person wants to help thats fine just be knowledgeable as you expect me to be.

TuskiniiMan

Reaction score
We can do map together if you like. I got no maps done yet but I have experienced some Jass and mostly GUI.
I am learning to make map for about 2 months from now, I can learn Jass and maybe vJass for about a week. I also got Skype so we can talk over with. Can I see the map?
I can help you up if you like company.

xz-master

Reaction score
Sounds like a massive project. :thup:

Any chance you could post your last map? (The 30k one)

I know i'm talking off-topic, but I would LOVE if you would make Updates on the progress in this Topic (or in the project-zone)

And lastly, whats your new map gonna be all about?

:rolleyes:

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Sure, ill DP the map and post here so you can see in editor and thats fine that you don't know a lot some of the jass thats why we also have this website for help so we don't have to know how to do everything ourselves.

Insight to the map, well i had a couple ideas, the first and probably the one the most would want to do is called Warcraft IV The Saga Ends
since blizzard probably wont make one my idea was to make a massive 4-6 MB 4 player RPG/Campaign style map. Probably on a custom size map so the map would be bigger than the "Huge" setting this way we could make the RPG 3-4 missions in just 1 map type of thing.

Other idea was a full scale LOTR map with new Delay Reducer put in so unlike the last one LOTR Alliance that was a huge map this one wouldnt lag people out everytime. Also id throw in custom skin and decent triggers, shrink the size of the map and make the siege parts of the map more full scale like your run of the mill helms deep map.

The last one is an epic melee map. All new Races at least 8, new triggers, and of course hours of calculus to make sure it is 100% balanced. actually its simple algebra i just like to act like its hard to balance it perfectly cause it is, especially with 8 races not just 4. To make it more than just an awesome ladder map i would throw in of course great terrain, but dota like spells with custom art and so on just to make it more fun, rather than ladder like.

And than option 4 which is insert your amazing idea, if someone has an idea or ideas that they think will fit in good in the above maps, whether it be triggers, units, spells or simply just "This would be cool" i will put your name in the credits and everyone who helps with anything will have their name as big as mine on the loading screen, i keep track so whether it is Wc3 account or helper account just pm me then name you want on the credits and ill save it in my project folder.

alright ill edit the map in now . . .

Edit: Here is the link couldnt figure out how to have a download in reply, i forget the man that helped me significantly, he was really smart had the Druid of the talon avatar, thousands of replies and lots of +rep, bugging me now that i cant recall his name :( he did 70% of the jass or fixed 70% of it on the map for me.

Here

Didnt get much downloads on epicwar as always, but it was played for about a week non stop after it was released so i figured thats about how many played it in the custom game queue. Sorry couldn't DP it without erasing all the triggers etc, but if you play it in game you can see how much work i put into it.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Bump

notice moving this to member project so if you want to help please go there otherwise i will post when i need occasional help in the jass section or here i suppose.

Still looking for more of a permanent helper, when you offer help please post skype account and wc3 tft account so i can put in the loading screen which i will be getting done soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.