immortal trees

Ormagon

Reaction score
hi i want to creat map thet is mainly based on wood income but to do so i need to make the trees well not fall down wen they get choped or destryed (cannon towers) and so this is the only trigger i can find that should work nd yes it does..... sorta u see some of the trees NEVE! die but most simply fall and never to be seen again this is my trigger
Code:
trees
    Events
        Destructible - A destructible within (Entire map) dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Matching destructible)) life and Hide birth animation

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If im not mistaken, doesn't a trees health determine how long it will live? Why not make a trigger that set the life of all trees to 100% every x seconds?

Ormagon

Reaction score
well i woudl do that but wen some skills kill the tree in a single shot like the human elf mage hero (forgot name) fire nov thingy (there is another forgoten name) it will be useless to set its life high again wen its alrdy dead so amnily wat i am trying to do is avoid cheap tactics used by some ppl shortucts and other ways to go

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Try this:
Code:
trees
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of ([B]Dying Destructible[/B])) life and Hide birth animation

"Matching destructible" is only for conditional functions.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
a thx

ok so i tried it and it didnt now all the trees die

Ermm.. Does that mean it worked or it didn't work?

I'd just edit trees in the Object editor. Give them 999999 (or whatever the maximum is) HP.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Code:
Events
That event picks only the first 64 trees, sad, but true.

>I'd just edit trees in the Object editor. Give them 999999 (or whatever the maximum is) HP.

Well, thats what you would have done...
Remember flamestrike, if trees are allowed to target, they will deal 500 damage to trees.

Here is a few other suggestions:
Go through all abilities and deselect "tree" in the targets allow field.

Or a trigger:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Trigger - Add to Untitled Trigger 002 <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies)
Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation

Ormagon

Reaction score
ok so im gonna try the remove trees from abillities targets and add an insane ammount of life see if that works

Edit: ok i tried the insane ammount of life and its working fine ty

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.