Import/Export Objects

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Is there any way to import/export, models, actors, weapons etc.? If so how?

The closest thing I've found to export is saving the map as components which has the '.xml's of object data.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Press F9 While in the editor and figure out if there is a way to import/export. If thats not then there is none...

punwisp

Reaction score
Why would there be a import? Its beta >.> Theres no programs for Sc2 model creation, and there not gonna allow models being exported.

There going to limit a lot in the beta, but a lot will be in the full released editor. Including the lovely model editor.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
They said in some Q&A that importing/exporting is natively there. o.o

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Why would there be a import? Its beta
There is, I've exported and imported trigger libraries, I've also imported an mp3, then making a cue and soundtrack, then set to play as background music from triggers.

Theres no programs for Sc2 model creation, and there not gonna allow models being exported.
I don't mean exporting the .m3's, I mean exporting the model -object-. The system I want to make requires specific units and model actors. I really don't want to have to make tl;dr instructions for creating those objects from scratch.

Well, I should note, I've made a mod project, and made some units, then added it as a dependency to another map, and I had access to the units. Problem is though, is I'm not sure how dependencies will work on battle.net.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I'm also curious about this, not having the beta myself...

Transferring units and abilities from map to map in the World Editor was a pain, being either a tedious one-at-a-time copy-paste operation, or overwriting what was already there, and rife with problems with changing rawcodes and having to re-reference everything...

Is this dealt with better in the Galaxy Editor? Can you export/import sets of data and MERGE them into a new map? Does it still use terrible rawcodes as the base, or are we free from the referencing problems of the World Editor?

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
No more raw codes. IDs are used now, which are strings that you choose and can edit freely.

The closest thing I found to 'merging' is making a mod with contents, then using that mod as a dependency for the map I want to have those contents in. The only problem I have with it, is what they say about it...
"-In order to publish a document to Battle.net all dependencies must specify a valid published file."

punwisp

Reaction score
There is, I've exported and imported trigger libraries, I've also imported an mp3, then making a cue and soundtrack, then set to play as background music from triggers.

I don't mean exporting the .m3's, I mean exporting the model -object-. The system I want to make requires specific units and model actors. I really don't want to have to make tl;dr instructions for creating those objects from scratch.

Well, I should note, I've made a mod project, and made some units, then added it as a dependency to another map, and I had access to the units. Problem is though, is I'm not sure how dependencies will work on battle.net.

I was mainly implying model import/exportation

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.