Increasing spell level over time

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
So I have creeps in my map that each have their own special abilities. I have it triggered so that these abilities level up over time. For example, after 10 minutes of game time, the ability goes from level 1 to level 2.
However, my issue is that this only happens to creeps that were purchased prior to 10 minutes. I would like creeps to be affected even if they are purchased after 10 minutes. To make it clearer, I would like a creep purchased at 1 minute to get this latent upgrade at 10 minutes, but I would also like a creep purchased at 12 minutes to have the 10 minute latent upgrade.

The trigger I currently have works for the first part (giving a creep that was purchased before 10 minutes the upgrade), but not for the second part. I did this with GUI but can do JASS as well if needed.

Trigger:
  • Creep Ability Upgrades
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 600.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1200.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1800.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 3600.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Increase level of Blink (Peasant Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Devour Magic (Blank the War Golem Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Shackles (Keldyn Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Invisibility (Keldyn Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Stasis Trap (Durant Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Replication (Ohboy) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Taunt (Sendo Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Mana Charge (Ohboy) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Rejuvenation (Chunsang Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Healing Ward Aura (Healing Ward) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Healing Ward (Chunsang Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Burning Oil (Demolisher Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Roar (Goatzilla Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Mana Flare (Faerie Dragon) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Faerie Fire (Goatzilla Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Detonate (Wisp Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Curse (Durant Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Cripple (Durant Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Spirit Link (Chunsang Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Lightning Shield (Dudey Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Bloodlust (Dudey Creep) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Inner Fire (Dudey Creep) for (Picked unit)

watermelon

Reaction score
This is just an idea that involves a lot of OE work:

Make an upgrade that can increase the level of the spell.
(Look for "Ability Level Bonus" in the Data - Effect)
(This will be a lot of upgrades...)
(I think you can do this for four abilities per upgrade because there are four Data fields)

Add the upgrade to the creeps that have abilities that can be upgraded.

In your time interval trigger, increase the research level for that upgrade for the player that's the owner of the creeps. I'm not sure if this will work if the Player that's owning the creeps are Neutral whatever.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
hey roar, that's you using gui :p? thought it was all jass , well this is my area of knowledge lol so i can help you.

first up , you cant set a level of an ability via upgrades without using a special upgrade such as "skeletal mastery"

if you find that upgrade, then simply state the ability in there and with your events, it will automatically research it , increasing the level of the ability

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
meh, I'll just do it in jass. Was just using this because I figured there was in easy way... but it doesnt seem like it. Thanks anyway =p

INCINERATE

Reaction score
i think its way easier with gui and all it takes is like 3 extra thingies

This
Trigger:
  • Creep Upgrades
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2100.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 3000.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 3900.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CreepUpgradeLevel = (CreepUpgradeLevel + 1)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep Armor (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep HP (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep Mana (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep Attack (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)

becomes this
Trigger:
  • Creep Upgrades
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2100.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 3000.00 seconds
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 3900.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CreepUpgradeLevel = (CreepUpgradeLevel + 1)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep Armor (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep HP (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep Mana (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creep Attack (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Skeletal mastery 1 (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set the current research level of skeletal mastery 2 (Latent Upgrade) to CreepUpgradeLevel for (Picked player)

and so on and so on.. its like 20 abilities? so you only need to add like 6 of these cause each upgrade can handle 4 of them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.