Reaction score
Wisp Wheels Increasing Radius

Variables at creation
  • Wheel_Angle - Real - Default
  • Wheel_Point - Point - Default
  • WheelGroup - Unit Group - Default
  • Wisp_Distance - Real - Default
  • Wisp_Grow - Boolean - Default (false)

Theres two triggers. First one will create the wisps at points and add them to a group. The trigger creates the wisps 75 points from the players start and puts them in a circle 60 points from each other. 6 wisps total.

Simple Wheel Creation
Code:
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Wheel_Point = ((Player 1 (Red) start location) offset by 150.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 60.00) degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 1 (Red) at Wheel_Point facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to WheelGroup
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to ((Integer A) x 60)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Wheel_Point)
                Custom script:   set udg_Wheel_Point = null
                Set Wisp_Distance = 150.00
                Set Wisp_grow = True
        Trigger - Turn on Wheel On <gen>

Then my second trigger will do 3 things. First it will check to see if the wheel is bigger than 700 points from origin to wisp. if it is it will set Wisp_Grow to false. Then if it isn't, it will check if it is smaller than 100 points from origin to wisp. If it is it will set Wisp_Grow true. Then if Wisp_Grow is true it will set the distance to increase by 1 point every .04 seconds but if false it will set -1 point every .04 seconds. Then it will move the wisp to the spot depending on wisp angle and wisp distance. Wisp angle is periodically increased by 1 point every .04 seconds.

Wheel On
Code:
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Wheel_Angle = (Wheel_Angle + 1.00)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                [COLOR="Lime"]Wisp_Distance Less than or equal to 100.00[/COLOR]
            Then - Actions
                Set Wisp_grow = True
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        [COLOR="Lime"]Wisp_Distance Greater than or equal to 700.00[/COLOR]
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Wisp_grow = False
                    Else - Actions
        Set Wheel_Angle = ([COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wheel_Angle + 1.00[/COLOR])
            If - Conditions
                Wisp_grow Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set Wisp_Distance = ([COLOR="Blue"]Wisp_Distance + 1.00[/COLOR])
            Else - Actions
                Set Wisp_Distance = ([COLOR="Blue"]Wisp_Distance - 1.00[/COLOR])
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in WheelGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Wheel_Point = ((Player 1 (Red) start location) offset by Wisp_Distance towards ((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) + Wheel_Angle) degrees)
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Wheel_Point

Screenshots

Enjoy. If you want it to be faster change the coloured parts. Blue is distance and orange is speed, and lime green is for how big or small you want the wheel to get.

Attachments

• Wisp Wheels Shapes.w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 239

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
oh man your the best XD
1) this is alot easier then what i came up with
and 2) the wheel flows alot better then mine, mine was all choppy and you couldnt make them go slower cause it got messed but
thank you :D:D
+rep

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Cool

Real nice but how do you do if you want an ability that makes a unit cirle around you and damage all unit's that it hits? I can't get your wisp wheel to follow a unit in your test game so then I have no idea how to make this spell...

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Real nice but how do you do if you want an ability that makes a unit cirle around you and damage all unit's that it hits? I can't get your wisp wheel to follow a unit in your test game so then I have no idea how to make this spell...

hey i made a spell like this a while back when i was working on a hero arena i think its pretty much what you wanted
it makes 2 units spin around the hero, and it damages enemy units, and for it to hit the units and damage use permanent immlation

i1527852_fs2.jpg

this makes the starting effect and the spinning units are created

i1527846_fs1.jpg

here you can see the units

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
My demo map has the death when you come to close to a unit ability here

To make the wisps following a person chnage this action at the very end of wheel on. CHange the bolded part to whatever you want for the wisps move around.
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in WheelGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Wheel_Point = [B](Wisp 001) [/B]offset by Wisp_Distance towards ((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) + Wheel_Angle) degrees)
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Wheel_Point

P

Pure.Evil

Curiousity Killed the Cat

Just curious, i was wondering if u could help me, i was hoping yo do a wisp wheel that has multiple wheels with 4 wisps per wheel and they create 4 lines of wisps coming from the centre, i was wondering if it is possible to make the lines shrink and extened at points rather than the whole wheel shrinking and then extendind for the whole circumfrence

any help would be much appreciated thx :)

I am also having trouble with the call commands for the location etc i tryed to copy and paste the ones in the example but they disabled my trigger any suggestions? thx

duyen

Reaction score
@BRUTAL

Why are the spinning effects in the ground? Shouldn't they like, rotate around his chest?

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Just curious, i was wondering if u could help me, i was hoping yo do a wisp wheel that has multiple wheels with 4 wisps per wheel and they create 4 lines of wisps coming from the centre, i was wondering if it is possible to make the lines shrink and extened at points rather than the whole wheel shrinking and then extendind for the whole circumfrence

any help would be much appreciated thx :)

I am also having trouble with the call commands for the location etc i tryed to copy and paste the ones in the example but they disabled my trigger any suggestions? thx

I can do it but i do not feel like it. And no offense but if you cant get call commands working what your looking for would be very hard for you, all you need is arrays and loops to do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.