Internet Issue

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Recently I have been getting a lot page loading problems, were the page I'm trying to access will not get displayed, like I cannot connect to it. Right now I'm trying to get on ebay and firefox is telling me "Firefox cannot find the server at ..." And this can happen for any site, at any time. The weird thing is that if the page won't load, and I wait and try again after a couple of minutes, it can potentially load. :confused:
Anyways this happens both on firefox and internet explorer, so its not a browser problem.
The most recent thing i downloaded was PeerBlock, which is an i.p blocking program if anyone did not know what that is, though when peerblock is off this problem occurs regardless. So I'm confused on that part.
Does anyone have a possible diagnosis? Should I resort to a system restore possibly?

One more thing; when I use the internet on the desktop computer that is on the same network, everything is fine.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Are you able to try and connect on a different network and see if you get similar results? If you try and DO get similar results, something is up with the software. If not, it's your internet provider and/or router.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Next time I have access to another network I'll give that a try. I doubt its the ISP, seeing as my desktop computer doesn't experience this problem. But the router point you made could be it. My desktop is wired, and my laptop receives a wireless signal. Maybe something is wrong with the wireless (I'll give a direct link a try on my laptop).

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Bump.
I just had the problem occur and asked my sister, who also was connected wirelessly, if she could visit internet sites and not have any problem. It turned out that it was fine for her. So does that completely rule out the router as the problem?
Also, when I'm connected with a wire to my router, the problem doesn't occur. Does this mean there is something wrong with my wireless card?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Bump.
I just had the problem occur and asked my sister, who also was connected wirelessly, if she could visit internet sites and not have any problem. It turned out that it was fine for her. So does that completely rule out the router as the problem?
Also, when I'm connected with a wire to my router, the problem doesn't occur. Does this mean there is something wrong with my wireless card?

If the problem was your wireless card you would notice that you are losing your wireless connection on your laptop (as in it is dropping it)

Winterherz

Reaction score
What firewall are u using? I had the exact same problem as ur description when i began using zone alarm firewall after my norton trial expired..

i searched google for firefox zone alarm problem and i wasn't alone, btw i have manually configured za to allow firefox out....then i changed to comodo internet security and it the issue was over..

if so.....
here's the link

and here's a review
http://download.cnet.com/Comodo-Internet-Security/3000-2144_4-10460704.html

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
the problem was your wireless card you would notice that you are losing your wireless connection on your laptop (as in it is dropping it)
Oh I see. I also thought it couldn't have been problems with my wireless card because of the fact that it happened periodically for random amounts of time.

Another weird thing I want to mention, if I haven't already, is that this problem only affects my browsers. That is the most strange part. I can be on msn, xbox, etc. while this problem is occuring.

Winterherz, I don't think it's a firewall problem, because first off I've had the same firewall for the whole time period that I've had this computer. Also, again the fact that it happens periodically, makes me doubt it's a firewall issue.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
More and more it sounds like a DNS issue to me, it not resolving addresses correctly. My only solution for you would be to use a DNS server other than your router's.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I actually agree that it could be a firewall issue. Try disabling it and trying again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.