invinciblePhoenix? [Melee]

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
In a recent melee game, an enemy player made an invincible phoenix. When it went into it's egg form (which it did if you killed in it's fly form) it would instantly revert to it's flying form again - no matter how many times you killed it.

So what caused this to happen? How do I counter it? I think we killed it over 40 times when it ran into the center of a massive batch of towers :/

EDIT: I've been told it is a hack, and the only way to kill it is by killing the blood mage - any truth in this? (If there is, than you can lock this topic)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
no, that would leave the phoniex at 1hp instead of egg then turning back to phoniex, in that case the only way to fix it is to resummon the phonixe

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.... before I can give a correct answer, on what map did you play it ? Was it against AI(if so was it insane? )? Or against a player?

Edit: There are a coupple of ways to block the phoenix. Here are the examples:

Human: Spell braker

undead: Obsidian destroyer

Nightelf: Dryad

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Spell braker
I don't see how that could help. Spell Breakers can't attack air. We learned that in Micro Arena when it was a Spell Breaker vs. a Gryphon. Game over, man. Game over!

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
It was online, I don't know the map name but it was the 4x4 map with the 50k mines on it.

When the birds life reached 0, it would transform into the egg.
About half a second into the eggs life, it would transform back into the bird (repeating the process once again)
Regardless of how much damage was done onto the bird, it would still transform.

We tried many things on it - spells, aoe, towers, and so on. We couldn't go after his hero as it was inside one of the two heavily fortified bases (3 walls of towers surrounding each base..!)

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I encountered a similar bug a loooooooong time ago while playing a custom orpg (it used mostly standard warcraft heroes, so it applies here): my phoenix went down to 1 HP and never died. It could be attacked forever, and it would just stay at 1 HP. It would never turn into an egg or anything, it was, for all intensive purposes, an invulnerable phoenix.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.