ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
how do we know it said 2012? it couldve said

"On October 20, i ate 12 pies" >.>

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
December 21, 2012 is just the end of a major cycle in the Mayan calender. Not the end of the calendar. The only thing that happens is that they would add yet another "digit" to their complete date representation, kinda like we "did" from year 999 to 1000. They would probably get drunk and party a lot too.

Can't remember where i read it but this. And that the number 13 was sacred to mayans, and this would be the 13th cycle. So they stopped there because its past their lucky number

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
It's gonna be like 2000. An excuse to party. And why would we listen to a doomsday prophecy of a civilization of people that died out a long time ago?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's gonna be like 2000. An excuse to party. And why would we listen to a doomsday prophecy of a civilization of people that died out a long time ago?

I don't know, but a lot of people do.

Varine

Reaction score
I dont lol.

Meh, WOW probably came out, and they got sick of "calander" making on WC3 :thup: :D

I don't think that's how it QUITE worked, but then again if you tell a big enough lie everyone believes it. So... OMG REELY? AMAZING!

I would like to start working on a plan just in case something bad happens. I think we should all meet up in Greenland; zombies can't live in the cold (I don't think).

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Of course it is going to happen. I have already dropped all my classes and given up all my worldly possessions, no need for things like computers or Internet after the apocalypse. I'm using what little time I have left to repent and prepare for the end, where are my ceremonial robes?

Varine

Reaction score
Of course it is going to happen. I have already dropped all my classes and given up all my worldly possessions, no need for things like computers or Internet after the apocalypse. I'm using what little time I have left to repent and prepare for the end, where are my ceremonial robes?

Are you gonna RSVP to come to Greenland?

Seriously people, chances are nothing will happen and chances are Greenland won't be the best place for a standoff as some people might just freeze to death after a day or so and the rest of us are going to be cold and have numb fingers which makes it hard to pull triggers, but if we're going to die, we might as well do it in a badass blizzard battle (I mean really, you can't watch scenes from a war battle thing that's taking place in a cold, snowy and icy tundra without thinking 'this is so totally badass, that's how I want shit to go down in my life').

Plus if there's a rain of fire kinda thing, I don't think the climate in Greenland supports fire.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
For the purpose of this post, pretend it is real. Without a doubt real.

Who cares? Bam the earth is dead. Can't stop it can you? Stop worrying about something that you cant prevent.

When it comes you will all die pretty much instantaneous. And not just you, everyone on the planet. So there.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score

Who cares? Bam the earth is dead. Can't stop it can you? Stop worrying about something that you cant prevent.

When it comes you will all die pretty much instantaneous. And not just you, everyone on the planet. So there.

but what if some people survive? I'm watching Mad Max, and every other apocalyptic movie and studying up... just in case

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
but what if some people survive? I'm watching Mad Max, and every other apocalyptic movie and studying up... just in case
Well, Isn't it a pity we we can't ask a survivor.? They could answer It.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The question I would like to have answered, pretending it is true:
How?

I for one don't believe in this crap, it can't be that simple, it just can't be. It is not logical at all, it is just plain stupid to think that everything would end just like that for no apparent reason:nuts:

Varine

Reaction score

Haven't you EVER read The Stand?

I for one don't believe in this crap, it can't be that simple, it just can't be. It is not logical at all, it is just plain stupid to think that everything would end just like that for no apparent reason

Yeah but if it was real you would come to Greenland right?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
so. how is 2012 supposed to end? the earth SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTS?

I have heard some alternatives:
Another Ice age.
Our sun exploding/imploding/dying.
Another sun dying(The movie "supernova" aka "Supernova: 2012", yes it is the movie that is everyone is talking about).
Some cosmic lineup thing that causes a new big bang.
Satan walks the earth and basically the biblical armageddon starts.

Each even more crazy or stupid than the last one:nuts:

The odds for one of them happening are so small. Not to mention the people talking about exact times such as "12:00" are just stupid, the mayans did not even have clocks, they used the soon tho, but that was never mentioned in their calenders:nuts:
A calender makes use of: Days, weeks, months, years.
Not: Minutes, hours, seconds.

If you have any other thing that could happen, please share them :) I would really like to learn about as many as possible:D

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
The furnace monster that has been haunting me since the age of 6 is finally going to come out and eat me.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i think that another ice age is very plausible, everything in nature goes in cycles. An ice age would destroy/remove most the harmful things from the earth and in due time the world would come back better, with or without us.

my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.