Is it the Truth or is it a Lie

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Being wrong doesn't make you a liar.

Tomorrow it will rain.
Next day, sun is shining, not a cloud. No rain whatsoever.
That doesn't make it a lie. It was just a faulty statement.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's a lie, he's lying either way.

If he says "My nose will get larger," and he is telling the truth, it means that he will have to lie in order to enlarge his nose, which means he is lying.

If he says "My nose will get larger," and he is lying and his nose does not grow larger from that situation, then he is lying because it's not growing larger, and therefore his nose will grow larger, making it a lie.

Either way, he's lying and eventually his nose will grow larger.
And yes, he will have to lie because Pinochio has adventures and will be forced to lie. It's part of the story and adventure, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
he doesnt have a nose, he has piece of bark, attached to his wooden face. Hes lieing!

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
It's a lie, he's lying either way.

If he says "My nose will get larger," and he is telling the truth, it means that he will have to lie in order to enlarge his nose, which means he is lying.

If he says "My nose will get larger," and he is lying and his nose does not grow larger from that situation, then he is lying because it's not growing larger, and therefore his nose will grow larger, making it a lie.

Either way, he's lying and eventually his nose will grow larger.
And yes, he will have to lie because Pinochio has adventures and will be forced to lie. It's part of the story and adventure, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

It may work in the first case. We have to assume that Pinocchio is planning to lie at some point in the future when he says that. If he is, then his brain will not register this statement he made as a lie and therefore there will be no neuronal signals to the cells in his nose to start rapidly dividing and his nose... wait, he's wooden...

Whatever, the spell thingie won't activate. :)

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
his nose won't grow larger when he says that since he will eventually lie and his nose will grow bigger.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
To lie means to perceive something you tell as a lie. It is a matter of perception rather than a matter of general truth. It's the act of willingly saying one or more things that lack subjective truth.

For example take a color-blind crossing the street on red. If he realised that he shouldn't cross the street and started crossing, and tells a policeman that he didn't realise it, then it isn't a lie! If however he crossed the street knowing perfectly well that it was red (due to the position of the brighter light) and claims not knowing that they shouldn't cross the street due to the fact that they are colorblind and couldn't see that it was red, then he is lieing.

Lie is a matter of perception, not a matter of general truth :)
-Daelin

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yay someone who is on the same view as me ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.