Issue Order "Cancel"

Weyird

Reaction score
Hi there, I can't find any action which would cause a unit to cancel. I've tried Stop, but that didn't work.

To explain; I'm making a risk-type map and players can raze villages that they're about to loose. The razing process is mechanically an upgrade to the razed unit. The razed unit can then upgrade back into the village unit for a cost.
If someone takes over the village while it's being razed (At the moment the process takes 30sec) i want the raze process to be aborted. Ideally, any units being trained or qued to train should also be aborted before ownership changes so the player losing the village will get his money back and NOT train units for the enemy, lol.

I just need a few lines in the action event to throw into my ownership changing trigger.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I don't know if this works for buildings, but for any other unit, to cancel its current order, just do this:

Code:
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

or

Code:
Unit - Order (triggering unit) to Hold Position

It is under "Unit - Issue an order with no target"

MP®

Reaction score
I don't think that works for buildings, since buildings don't have movement commands, and stop & hold position are movement commands..

If you cant find any better solution, you could always just replace the unit with the same unit or something.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Either replace the building with another one, or order the building to cancel research and/or stop training units. I think theres a command for both.

viktorpapa

Reaction score
Here is the solution for your problem:

1 save the units being selected by the player in a variable
2 select the building where you need the process to be aborted for the given player

3 Action - Game - Force UI cancel (for the given player)
4 reselect the saved units

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.