Issue Order Targeting a Point - Rain of Chaos

draist

Reaction score
Hello, long time viewer - first time poster here! First of all I wish to say that this forum has helped me a great many times when I got stuck in my, not too advanced, mapmaking.

The issue at hand is, as you may have seen in the title, the ability Rain of Chaos and to make a unit cast it. The idea is somewhat simple - I want the unit to cast Rain of Chaos when he has less than or equal to 40% health. The problem is that he won't cast it.

I have tried everything and I can now conclude that I need your help. I have searched the site for similar problems - and found many - but none about Rain of Chaos. I have tried making the unit cast other abilities and that works, it's just Rain of Chaos that won't work.

If you have any information about this, please reply.
Thanks!

This is how my trigger looks like:

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 87512.00
(Attacked unit) Equal to Pit Lord 0058 <gen>
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Destromath: Feel th...
Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Position of (Attacking unit))
Wait 0.10 seconds
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

Also, how do I make it look like in the trigger editor?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
First off, you can use [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags. Just put the codes in between. Could it be the casting time of the ability? Could you post the full trigger? And that leaks. You might want to search up on a leaks guide on this forum to fix it.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I think I found the problem(s).
1. Rain of Chaos has no order string.
2. When you use
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Position of (Attacking unit))

the order string is actually "rainoffire" (as seen in JASS).

Change these two things and you're done.
1. Give Rain of Chaos an order string - preferably "rainofchaos".
2. Convert the trigger to custom text, then change the order "rainoffire" to "rainofchaos".

draist

Reaction score
Oh, my mistake, I thought i posted the full trigger!
Anyways, here is the full one and I don't think it has something to do with the cast time since I've tried different cast times, between 0 and 15.

Trigger:
  • Rain of Chaos
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 87512.00
          • (Attacked unit) Equal to Pit Lord 0058 &lt;gen&gt;
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Destromath: Feel th...
          • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Position of (Attacking unit))
          • Wait 0.10 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Thanks to you both for your replies!

educator

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you got it working or not but you should get rid of the wait, turning a trigger off only stops it from running again, it doesn't prevent the rest of the actions in the trigger, btw hello everyone, its been ages since i've visited the helper forums and i can truthfully say it looks REALLY GOD DAMN AWESOME:)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Like I said,
Trigger:
actually orders the unit to cast Rain Of Fire. Rain of Chaos (Archimonde) has no order string on its own, so you have to give it one.

draist

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you got it working or not but you should get rid of the wait, turning a trigger off only stops it from running again, it doesn't prevent the rest of the actions in the trigger, btw hello everyone, its been ages since i've visited the helper forums and i can truthfully say it looks REALLY GOD DAMN AWESOME:)

I have now removed the wait.

Like I said,
Trigger:
actually orders the unit to cast Rain Of Fire. Rain of Chaos (Archimonde) has no order string on its own, so you have to give it one.

Yes, I changed the string and I'm just about to try it out!

[Edit]
It works damn well! Thank you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.