Issue Revive Order

Mind

Reaction score
What is wrong with this trigger fragment?
Whenever a hero dies, it is not revived, and the other actions are ignored.
If the hero is still alive, however, the trigger works fine.

Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (OriginalHero[(Player number of CitysDefenses)] is alive) Equal to True
    Then - Actions
        Set RandomInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
        If (RandomInteger Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Order Fortress 0258 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Footman) else do (Do nothing)
        If (RandomInteger Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Order Arcane Sanctum 0355 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Priest) else do (Do nothing)
        If (RandomInteger Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Order Fortress 0258 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Knight) else do (Do nothing)
        If (RandomInteger Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Order Arcane Sanctum 0355 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Sorceress) else do (Do nothing)
        If (RandomInteger Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Order Fortress 0258 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Rifleman) else do (Do nothing)
        If (RandomInteger Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Order Arcane Sanctum 0355 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Spell Breaker) else do (Do nothing)
    Else - Actions
        Unit - Order Fortress 0258 <gen> to train/upgrade to a (Unit-type of OriginalHero[(Player number of CitysDefenses)])

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Ah, now I remember. When you train the unit's type at fortress (after dying), it loses it's variable value. Simple. Once that hero dies, you have to revive it via the trigger, not train it's unit type, lest that variable just not be able to do anything.

That was my problem when I bothered to try to "return" my Halo vehicles. Once they died, their set variable(s) go down the drain. Why replace Ghost 0029 when it's dead and therefore, there ARE no Ghost 0029s? Why board Ghost 0029 when 0029 died and was replaced by this Ghost who has a different assignment number?

Mind

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rinpun
I don't think you can auto train a hero. What you should do is have the hero automatically revive at said building. Dunno if this will help much, but do try.

"This revives a dead Hero at a spot on the map, even if th player has no altar. You can also revive a Hero by issuing a 'Revive' order to an appropriate altar, targeting the Hero you wish to revive."

Originally posted by Rinpun
As for your variable, I don't know. Perhaps you should auto set it at map initialization before setting it in said trigger.

The Integer Variable "RandomInteger" is used very frequently in the game.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
1) I edited my post, so check it out.

2) Yes, the REVIVE order, not the train/upgrade order. But alas, I suggest you use that with a wait option before that waits a minute or so as that is how long a hero takes to revive from a building. Show the revival effects and he looks like he was spawned from the building. Obviously, put a small region beside the building for where the Hero appears, so that you may do "center of <region>".

The variables are perfectly fine. Once the hero dies, the trigger is written useless.

Trigger: "Unit is dead so train unit at building."

Building: "Can't, there's this revivable hero dude who makes it impossible for said unit-type to be trainable."

And this will repeat, and repeat, and repeat. I believe it will start to lag the game have you a rapid time elapse (say 3 seconds, but that's doubtful, since that'd be waaaaay too many units). Change it so that the hero instantly revives after time elapse of 60 seconds or something and....

Trigger: "Unit is dead so revive"

Hero is reviving.

Trigger: "Unit is dead at the moment so don't train units."

Building: "Ok."

---

The answer really is quite simple, I'm bewildered (no offense) that you didn't solve this yourself. I've had a few such problems though (that I solve automatically whilst I'm writing the topic or just after I've posted it), so no worries.

Mind

Reaction score
I solved the problem myself already, before your second reply.

I didn't find the "Revive Hero" in the list of options which determine the target in the "Issue order targeting a unit" at first. Thus, I assumed that the "Issue train/upgrade order" would work well.

Code:
Unit - Order Altar of Darkness 0555 <gen> to Revive Hero OriginalHero[(Player number of UndeadScourge)]

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Ok, good job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.