Issue with Multi-player instanceable hastables and timers

Zealot

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a spell that is multi-player instanceable.
Yet the spell works properly ONLY for player 1.
For the other players it only spawns the dummy unit but the dummy unit does not travel to the location via the second trigger.
I believe I used something incorrectly, any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm new with hashtables. I believe I've used timers wrongly, but I'm not sure.

Trigger:
  • Fishing Net
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dispel Magic
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Player((Integer A)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Fishing_Caster_Point = (Position of (Casting unit))
              • Set Fishing_Target_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
              • Unit - Create 1 Net for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Fishing_Caster_Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created unit) as (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash
              • Hashtable - Save Handle OfFish_Timer as (Integer A) of 3 in Fishing_Hash
              • Hashtable - Save Handle OfFishing_Target_Point as (Integer A) of 4 in Fishing_Hash
              • Hashtable - Save Handle OfFishing_Caster_Point as (Integer A) of 2 in Fishing_Hash
              • Countdown Timer - Start (Load (Integer A) of 3 in Fishing_Hash) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.01 seconds
            • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Fishing Net Travel
    • Events
      • Time - Fish_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Remaining time for (Load (Integer A) of 3 in Fishing_Hash)) Equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Fishing_Net_Point = (Position of (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash))
              • Set Fishing_Target_Point = (Load (Integer A) of 4 in Fishing_Hash)
              • Set Fishing_Caster_Point = (Load (Integer A) of 2 in Fishing_Hash)
              • Animation - Change (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) flying height to ((Default flying height of (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash)) - (((Distance between Fishing_Caster_Point and Fishing_Net_Point) / (Distance between Fishing_Target_Point and Fishing_Caster_Point)) x 100.00)) at 0.00
              • Unit - Move (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) instantly to (Fishing_Net_Point offset by 6.00 towards (Angle from Fishing_Net_Point to Fishing_Target_Point) degrees)
              • Hashtable - Save Handle OfFish_Timer as (Integer A) of 3 in Fishing_Hash
              • Countdown Timer - Start (Load (Integer A) of 3 in Fishing_Hash) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.01 seconds
            • Else - Actions

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You only have a single timer there. I didnt work that much with timers but as far as I remember you will need an individual timer for each player since a timer is a set object.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
On a related note, Casting unit don't usually work well within a loop. It's best to change all of them to 'Triggering unit'.
Then again, this may not solve the underlying issue due to the reason mentioned above.

Zealot

Reaction score
You only have a single timer there. I didnt work that much with timers but as far as I remember you will need an individual timer for each player since a timer is a set object.

I see, so the best course of action is have a timer for each player. I just hope it doesn't bloat much.

On a related note, Casting unit don't usually work well within a loop. It's best to change all of them to 'Triggering unit'.
Then again, this may not solve the underlying issue due to the reason mentioned above.

I haven't had a problem using casting unit instead of triggering unit though.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I would advice you to use an array instead of hashtables if you just want MPI.
Hashtables are only really useful for MUI triggers in my opinion.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> I haven't had a problem
Well, guess it's pretty much up to you.

> Know any good tutorial?
Not sure what you're planning to do here. I'm assuming you just want a sliding missile.
Check out Modern Weaponary in my sig. Look for 'Rifle'. It's not so much of a tutorial. May be good to be a source of reference though.

It's basically creating your dummy, and insert the dummy to a unitgroup in another periodic trigger. No timer required. Timers are only good for JASS when it comes to this. Saving timers in hashtables is a pain in the ass and doesn't work too well, according to my experience.

Zealot

Reaction score
> I haven't had a problem
Well, guess it's pretty much up to you.

> Know any good tutorial?
Not sure what you're planning to do here. I'm assuming you just want a sliding missile.
Check out Modern Weaponary in my sig. Look for 'Rifle'. It's not so much of a tutorial. May be good to be a source of reference though.

It's basically creating your dummy, and insert the dummy to a unitgroup in another periodic trigger. No timer required. Timers are only good for JASS when it comes to this. Saving timers in hashtables is a pain in the ass and doesn't work too well, according to my experience.

Ah, no, creating the trigger and what it will do won't be a problem.
Was asking for a tutorial for using arrays.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.