WIP It is Hard To Be a God

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ever wondered what to be a god feels like ? To have a great amount of strength and minions to control? It might sound good, but you must always kill monsters to make the people happy or battle other other gods for domination. So I want to ask you this question: Do you think it is hard to be a god? Now, you will have a chance to find out.

You- The God That is right, you are a god, but there are a couple of things you should know- First of all, you don't have a body. You cannel your strength into an obelisk. Through it you can command your units. If the obelisk is destroyed, so are you. The good news are that as a god you have a good amount of destructive spells you can use on your enemies. Every now and again, you can cannel your power into a warrior and walk the earth for some time.

Win Their Trust! You begin the game by settling into a city. This city will become your capitol. The people there will do anything for you. The bad news are that each city has a limitation of 4 battle units, meaning that in order for you to get the variety of units you need to dominate your enemies you must control more then one cities. The good news are that each unit can be tweaked, meaning that you can choose the attacks he has.(for example you can choose between bash, or critical strike)

The Towns You won't be able to make new buildings, only upgrades and units from them. Towns can't be destroyed either. When you loose control of a town he will become by the lead of the player that made you loose it. There are different types of towns. Some are big others small, some have special features(like they hold the key to an artifact that should give you a spell. You should control as much as possible.

Alliances You will be able to forge alliances in the game. However sooner or later only one will be left alive.

Progress Chart
terrein: 100%
cities: 50%
units/buildings/upgrades: 0%
systems: 0%

The Alpha version There are going to be 3 races, each race with it's own units/strenghts/weakneses. Each race will have 2 cities. Tha alpha/Beta versions of the map will be only 1v1. then I am going to make the map for moore players.

Final Notes I am still developing this. It is far away from the Alpha, and I need a lot of feedback and ideas.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a very interesting concept and I will be interested in how this turns out :thup:

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
When i read this i thought of 2 things: 'Black & White' and 'Heroes of the Might and Magic'. Anyway, it sounds like it will be fun.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
When i read this i thought of 2 things: 'Black & White' and 'Heroes of the Might and Magic'. Anyway, it sounds like it will be fun.

Black and white- never played it

Heroes- not my style of map maiking.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Okey, I'm going to tell you an important thing now. You need a good AI to make your people do something and not be able to direct them too much(soldiers might be an exception)

Horv

Reaction score
Black and white- never played it

The idea sounds excellent, this is the kind of map / games I love to play. You should really look into Black & White and I mean the first one not the second. It is one of the best games ever (graphics are a bit outdated now) but gameplay still rocks. Be inspired of it, steal some of it's ideas, learn from it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The idea sounds excellent, this is the kind of map / games I love to play. You should really look into Black & White and I mean the first one not the second. It is one of the best games ever (graphics are a bit outdated now) but gameplay still rocks. Be inspired of it, steal some of it's ideas, learn from it.

I might buy it. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how many players the map shloud be ?

Horv

Reaction score
I might buy it. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how many players the map shloud be ?

I guess with alot of effects and stuff from gods, the number of gods should be limited in order to keep the game lagg-free and not too chaotic.

Another option is that some players are actually mortals obeying a god. Say one player play a town or so.

Tythoid

Reaction score
I think 4 is a good number as each can start in a different quarter of the map and most city capture games eg. risk people coming from the corners have a greater advantage on people stuck in the middle so four so everyone can have balanced and fair terrain. Four will also give you enough variety for exciting games and only having to trigger for 4 people will be a breeze:thup:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I think 4 is a good number as each can start in a different quarter of the map and most city capture games eg. risk people coming from the corners have a greater advantage on people stuck in the middle so four so everyone can have balanced and fair terrain. Four will also give you enough variety for exciting games and only having to trigger for 4 people will be a breeze:thup:

cool :thup::thup::thup: but the beta will be for 2-3 players, cuz the terrein iwill be too small and i have finished 90%of it

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
hm.... well i don't like bumping but anyway. Here is mmy progress: terrein is 100% done. I have made the base os the cities, but they still need doodads. I have done nothing on units/buildings/upgrades or systems. So i think that the chart will be somthing like this:

terrein: 100%
cities: 50%
units/buildings/upgrades: 0%
systems: 0%

there are going to be 3 races in the beta version, each race will have 2 cities, that makes 6 cities total, meaning that the alpha/beta version will be for 1v1 battles only.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ever wondered what to be a god feels like ? To have a great amount of strength and minions to control? It might sound good, but you must always kill monsters to make the people happy or battle other other gods for domination. So I want to ask you this question: Do you think it is hard to be a god? Now, you will have a chance to find out.

You- The God That is right, you are a god, but there are a couple of things you should know- First of all, you don't have a body. You cannel your strength into an obelisk. Through it you can command your units. If the obelisk is destroyed, so are you. The good news are that as a god you have a good amount of destructive spells you can use on your enemies. Every now and again, you can cannel your power into a warrior and walk the earth for some time.

Win Their Trust! You begin the game by settling into a city. This city will become your capitol. The people there will do anything for you. The bad news are that each city has a limitation of 4 battle units, meaning that in order for you to get the variety of units you need to dominate your enemies you must control more then one cities. The good news are that each unit can be tweaked, meaning that you can choose the attacks he has.(for example you can choose between bash, or critical strike)

The Towns You won't be able to make new buildings, only upgrades and units from them. Towns can't be destroyed either. When you loose control of a town he will become by the lead of the player that made you loose it. There are different types of towns. Some are big others small, some have special features(like they hold the key to an artifact that should give you a spell. You should control as much as possible.

New Resources I decided to replace the overused gold and lumber with "Faith" And sealed souls. You will need Faith in order to train units and make researches. YOu will need the sealed souls for some "special" features in the game. You will get "Faith" from killing enemy units and for controlling cities. The Sealed Souls will be earned a lot harder.

Alliances You will be able to forge alliances in the game. However sooner or later only one will be left alive.

Is it just me or is that just 3 repeating paragraphs? :)

Sounds cool, but make sure God isn't rigged like in those... rigged God maps. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Is it just me or is that just 3 repeating paragraphs? :)

Sounds cool, but make sure God isn't rigged like in those... rigged God maps. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

WTF? I cloud have sworned that....... oh man...... thanks for noticing my mistace... what do you mean by, rigged gods?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Haha, :p. I'm surprised nobody else pointed that out yet. :)

Well, have you ever played those other classic "God" maps where like player 1 (red) is God in the middle, and the other people are normal melee people around him in like a flat land. Then they just fight or can sacrifice to you and you can like make trees, help them, etc. But then God is so powerful that if he favors one team, they just instantly win. And then he can also send his own heroes and like own anything.

Make it so that like God, I mean he is an all-powerful God :D, but like that he help and favor one team too much or something. Idk. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Horv

Reaction score
Make it so that like God, I mean he is an all-powerful God :D, but like that he help and favor one team too much or something. Idk. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Well, this map will be gods battling eachothers, if I understood it right?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, this map will be gods battling eachothers, if I understood it right?

Yep. I am working on maiking the battle system cooler. Ofcourse evry addon i have made can be remooved from the host.... at the moment i am trying to think up a way to get faith, that doesn't require for you to place any buildings and I am also working on the human race.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.