Item ability problem and another thing.

Zeep

Reaction score
Ok so i made this imagination of a hero having a skill that will reduce armor(item corruption bonus spell).As i tried the icon doesnt show after i learn it from the hero book and i tried adding it but still didnt work.
Now i know many people asked questions for this kind of problem about item abilities not showing but my case is lil different.
If anybody knows the solution il be thankfull.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Why not just base the ability off of a regular hero ability. You could easily just use Inner Fire with a negative Defense number and the rest of the fields set to 0.

rafaxik

Reaction score
Well,
I don't know if someone got it, but you'll find a lot of ideas how to get your problem solved.
I created this trigger by hand, so I don't know if it works.
You need to create an ability to be shown, that does nothing, just like Huntress' Moon Glaive or something like that:

Trigger:
  • OrbOfCorruption
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to 'Orb Of Corruption ability'
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of 'Orb Of Corruption ability' for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of 'Moon Glaive' for (Triggering unit) to (Level of 'Orb Of Corruption ability' for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add 'Moon Glaive' to (Triggering unit)

EDIT: Remember it'll be orb effect... Tomorrow I'll make a trigger for you that won't be an orb effect

Zeep

Reaction score
Ok but heres the problem why i need the Item ability to be fully functional.
I think your skills in editing will let you understand what i seek.
Permanently increases attack speed by 30% each level and grants unique armor penetration to attacks.Each attack will reduce targets armor and every continues attack increases armor reduction.Starts from 1 to 16 maximum armor reduced for 6 attacks.Lasts for 3 seconds and you lose armor reduction every 2 seconds not attacking.
Standart item +30% attack speed and Armor penetration added by trigger.
Ok heres how i made it-the Armor penetration ability has 6 levels - each increased by attack - a trigger will incrases the level on attack and 2 triggers additional will do the reduction if unit is not attacking and stuff.
The real problem is even if the Armor penetration is added it ignores all level increases, and tottaly screws my idea.
So how do i fix that , OR if you have any addition editor program that can make an ability like this il like to hear.
REMINDER:I need the item ability to be functional like normal or hero ability.The rest is done(triggers and stuff)

rafaxik

Reaction score
Ok but heres the problem why i need the Item ability to be fully functional.
I think your skills in editing will let you understand what i seek.
Permanently increases attack speed by 30% each level and grants unique armor penetration to attacks.Each attack will reduce targets armor and every continues attack increases armor reduction.Starts from 1 to 16 maximum armor reduced for 6 attacks.Lasts for 3 seconds and you lose armor reduction every 2 seconds not attacking.
Standart item +30% attack speed and Armor penetration added by trigger.
Ok heres how i made it-the Armor penetration ability has 6 levels - each increased by attack - a trigger will incrases the level on attack and 2 triggers additional will do the reduction if unit is not attacking and stuff.
The real problem is even if the Armor penetration is added it ignores all level increases, and tottaly screws my idea.
So how do i fix that , OR if you have any addition editor program that can make an ability like this il like to hear.
REMINDER:I need the item ability to be functional like normal or hero ability.The rest is done(triggers and stuff)

Alright... I think it's really possible in GUI, but I must try it when I get home, If someone doesn't give a solution, I'll do it...

EDIT: Sorry, kinda hard... someone else?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.