Item buffing a x2 damage multiplier

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Been having some trouble getting this to work.

I've made a script which allows to add an ability to a specific unit which allows it to do double damage for 40 seconds. But the thing is, I want an ability which applies in the same way as for instance the invulnerability potion.

Short: How do I make an item which buffs double damage in the same way as the invulnerability potion buffs invulnerability?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How does invulnerability potion buffs invulnerability?

Dimaspy

Reaction score
You pick up the item "potion of invulnerability", you use it, and you become invulnerable for about 15 seconds. You know, you get this little effect upon your unit, and you can see this tiny little buff-picture down in your unit information..

I hope I won't have to make a screenshot. :p

Faust

Reaction score
And what part of it do you wish to add to the damage doubler?

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Just change invulnerability into a damage multiplier. So I eat a potion of 2xdamage instead of a potion of invulnerability

Faust

Reaction score
And your problem?

Unit uses an item
or
Unit Starts the effect of an ability (a dummy ability of the potion)
-events.
Then give the stuff to the triggering unit.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
...buffs dont 'DO' anything for you..
i e, if you put the invulnerability buff on the slow ability, it wont make you invulnerable.

buffs are just a display.

i believe what you're asking for is a way to add a damage multiplier to your unit for a period of time.

Dimaspy

Reaction score
/Facepalm

My question is, what ability do I need to use with the item? Becuase I tried with Critical Strike (item), and it doesn't want to work (of course), and the invulnerability ability doesn't have the setting "Damage Multiplier"

i believe what you're asking for is a way to add a damage multiplier to your unit for a period of time.
EXACTLY.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.