JASS Classroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hmmm... maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a classroom... In assignment 3 I have to correct JASS mistakes... when I don't even know JASS >_<

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Some mistakes are really stupid mistakes though... you should be able to spot the KillUnit one and the Terrain one.

I just realised how useful JASS is compared to GUI... The only thing I am having troubles with are the functions, because I dunno most of their names and stuff to put in those brackets. GetTriggerUnit() what?

esb

Reaction score
I will give it my best shot though :D

esb

Reaction score
I'll read a few tutorials. But the reason I joined this classroom is because I thought they would teach us step by step exactly what jass is... cause I don't get the tutorials much...
But ignore my whining, I'll be back :p

To Hero: I might turn in my assignment 3 a little late :p

Estel3

Reaction score
Esb, I feel the exact same way. I even voiced my thoughts a page or two back.

I haven't had the time for assignment 2, I'll get it in someday.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
If you really need something like "they would teach us step by step exactly what jass is..."
It is a really useless method, you could read most of the tutorial for that..

I think hero's purpose was to prevent "Spoon feeding"...
You need to learn, You need to ask !
Ask for it.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
@Hero12341234
I think you should scratch that ugly picture of who turned in what assignment. :p
Use text instead, faster and easier to update and better-looking as well.

Estel3

Reaction score
Gals I understand we shouldn't be given the direct answers to whatever the problems he will give us are, but hell some of us have never even TRIED a JASS trigger and we expected to make one from scratch and fix the errors of another?
It wouldn't serve me well to start asking "How do you start the trigger? How do you get events/actions/conditions to work? How do you make a local variable?"

Basically this is a teach yourself class, which I could easily just sift through tutorial after tutorial to learn. So I do agree with the keep it challenging, but give us something to work with. Or like I said, I'll just go read Rheias' tutorial and forget about this class.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>I'll just go read Rheias' tutorial and forget about this class.
Doing 2 would be the best :D

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
@Hero12341234
I think you should scratch that ugly picture of who turned in what assignment. :p
Use text instead, faster and easier to update and better-looking as well.

Yeah I will most likely set up a table in excel and screenshot it..

If you really need something like "they would teach us step by step exactly what jass is..."
It is a really useless method, you could read most of the tutorial for that..

I think hero's purpose was to prevent "Spoon feeding"...
You need to learn, You need to ask !
Ask for it.

That is my exact purpose...when I learned I learned the hard way...and look where I am now...trust me it will be good in the end

Gals I understand we shouldn't be given the direct answers to whatever the problems he will give us are, but hell some of us have never even TRIED a JASS trigger and we expected to make one from scratch and fix the errors of another?
It wouldn't serve me well to start asking "How do you start the trigger? How do you get events/actions/conditions to work? How do you make a local variable?"

Basically this is a teach yourself class, which I could easily just sift through tutorial after tutorial to learn. So I do agree with the keep it challenging, but give us something to work with. Or like I said, I'll just go read Rheias' tutorial and forget about this class.

If you have any questions..contact me PM or MSN.. I will be willing to help you

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I can teach "Advanced" Code Optimization.

Think so?
Ever read the CLR?

@Estel3
The basic components of a trigger is the initializer and the action
Both are functions
The initializer's name has to be InitTrig_[TRIGGER NAME]
( eg
JASS:
function InitTrig_NewTrigger takes nothing returns nothing
)
These functions are called at map initialization, there you append the actions with the function TriggerAddAction( udg_[TRIGGER NAME] , function [ACTION'S FUNCTION NAME] )
( eg
JASS:
TriggerAddAction( udg_NewTrigger , function NewTrigger_Actions )
)
and register the event on which the triggers fire.
The main problem with the event is that there is no real "event", but there are:
Player events
Unit events
Playerunit events ( which fire if a unitevent of a unit owned by certain player appears )
Time events
So you have to check first which type of event you want to register, then you call the function for that: TriggerRegister[EVENT TYPE]Event( udg_[TRIGGER NAME], [Event NAME] , some other parameters ),
eg:

Clear now?

R

Rode

This is kinda hard..
Anyway if I do it in gui and convert it I get this:
call AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( GetRandomLocInRect(GetPlayableMapRect()), "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportTo.mdl" )

and there is a local called effect right?

So should I do something like:
local effect eff = AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( GetRandomLocInRect(GetPlayableMapRect()), "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportTo.mdl" )

and then call this effect:

call eff

I tried this and it didn't work. Am I on the right track at all?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
This is kinda hard..
Anyway if I do it in gui and convert it I get this:
call AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( GetRandomLocInRect(GetPlayableMapRect()), "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportTo.mdl" )

and there is a local called effect right?

So should I do something like:
local effect eff = AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( GetRandomLocInRect(GetPlayableMapRect()), "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportTo.mdl" )

and then call this effect:

call eff

I tried this and it didn't work. Am I on the right track at all?

I recommend JASS CRAFT

Just get rid of the BJ's jasscraft can help with that :D

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
You are close... you have set the effect and the local, now you have to remove leaks

R

Rode

OK, but it doesn't work
I cant write "call eff" (it says, "expected a function name" when I try that)
What do you mean by remove BJ?

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
You don't have to call when you do this
local effect eff=AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( GetRandomLocInRect(GetPlayableMapRect()), "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportTo.mdl" )

You have added the special effect ;)

Remove BJ is that you have to remove useless functions, that can be replaced with natives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.