JASS Classroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I would like to be a student, if there are anymore spots available?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>I think Rheias got that one right.
Anything

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> Not you..=.=

I still get to say my opinion, if you want to, feel free to ignore it. In order to be a teacher you need to:

1) Know the language well, in other words, be able to talk (/write it) without many mistakes (and that means no txt tlk as well), so far it seems like English isn't you first language, and that you don't control it very well. Note that I'm NOT saying that I speak English well enough to write down a classroom, but from what I saw from your posts so far...

2) Know the sunbect well enough to teach it, I'm not sure you control Jass well enough yet. Practice.

> Not even asking you

You wanna say something? Don't write in white text, it's like talking to the wall, saying something that no one will hear. Say your opinion so all of us, humble people, will hear it. And I'm not mentioning that this was a rude sentence.

** Ok, enough flames from me, let's get back to the topic (although we were never exactly OFF it...)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Ok...I seem to have enough students..although more the merrier

When I mean stay...I mean that you can't just walk out on me because it's too hard.

GaLs I'll sign you up as a student..

Everyone else I will be updating the list and telling you your first assignment.

As for learning vJASS I may teach that at another time...I still need to get it to be perfect myself :p

Anyways I'm gonna update the list and post an assignment.

It will be due whenever you can hand it in...I know how life is...so whenever is ok...I will create a public table to show who handed in what...to hand in assignments to me..Please PM it to me.

@Uberplayer and Pyrogasm..you two are now teacher I will PM you about this >.<

Sorry for Double Post

1st Assignment Added
Updated the list

Estel3 said:
By "convert it to JASS" do you mean you want us to actually make a JASS trigger or just use the Convert to Custom Text command?

This may have been unclear I am sorry so here us the real wording
Convert it to custom text
Please send the code..not a map through PM

@Doomhammer...sure when we reach that step I will PM you about it

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
I can teach most all of vJASS stuff. I understand the basis/basic usage of interfaces and I can teach everything that is "beneath" that.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well I'll join the class

Another question, you want us to clear leaks too, or just what we are told?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>so far it seems like English isn't you first language
True.

>>but from what I saw from your posts so far...
I hate writting good english. It makes me feel uncomfortable when writting it. I will write proper english as well if you want me to.

>>I'm not sure you control Jass well enough yet.
You mean you need some evidence to prove that?

>>You wanna say something? Don't write in white text, it's like talking to the wall, saying something that no one will hear. Say your opinion so all of us, humble people, will hear it. And I'm not mentioning that this was a rude sentence.

The how come you could see it while no one will hear?

Spoiler message to Rheias
I'm not really wanted to insult or being rude to you, Rheias, but you seem to being so negatif to me...
I really don't like it as you threat me as a "NOOB". Can't i prove something to you?

Kind Regards,
~GaLs~

>>I can teach most all of vJASS stuff. I understand the basis/basic usage of interfaces and I can teach everything that is "beneath" that.
I wish that you could be a teacher and teaches vjass around. I need a tutorial about vjass, other than the manual of vjass.

>>As for learning vJASS I may teach that at another time...I still need to get it to be perfect myself
:(

1.How do we hand in those completed assignment? Post the code here, or pm you?

esb said:

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
>If you both have something more to say to each other please use personal mail for that.
Agree.
Tell them not to abuse the spolier tags, as well. Or I'll be forced to spread some negative rep, around!

Reaction score
Feel free to add me to msn if you have any questions about the assignment. But you know the fact that I only answer to your questions, so I'm not going to make the code for you.

MSN: [email protected]
..or just PM me..

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Well I'll join the class

I added you.

Can i join the class?

yes black hawk...you can join...I will add you to the list..as for the grade chart..i will add you as soon as you PM me the homework.

________

2nd assignment information has been posted...I will follow up with more information soon.

________

Any question please contact me via PM.

________

Updated the list...Black Hawk I will add you to the grade chart as soon as you hand in the first assignment.
As of now you are officially in the class.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I have a question... If we do something incorrectly, will you correct us through PM? Or correct us at all? :p

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I'ld like to make a " Basics of algorithms " course...

If you have something like that and know what I mean^^

Like efficiency of algorithms , comparing the running time of different algorithms ( like insert sort, merge sort and quick sort ) on sufficiently big inputs and on small inputs

Then loop invariants, probabilistic analysis and randomized algorithms and more of that stuff

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
2nd Assignment

Create a trigger in JASS that will create a special effect on a random point in the playable map region and please remove leaks and use locals...

Any Questions? Please contact a teacher (besides me I am running a tight schedule today)

As for the grade chart I will update it later..like tomorrow..I am extremely sorry for this.

>I have a question... If we do something incorrectly, will you correct us through PM? Or correct us at all?

I would appreciate it..if a teacher could correct you all at once in this thread...If I am not on...or If I do not get to it first
or
If the teacher prefers a PM he/she may do it.

Anyway we do it you still learn from the mistake!

@SerraAvenger

Suer I can make you a teacher when we start learning about algorithms(soon)

Estel3

Reaction score
I'll get to work on this tomorrow but I can't help but feel this feels less like a class and more like just giving us work to do. I find I have learned nothing, yet have 2 assignments (one I have done). Will this change?

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Well it's just starting... maybe in some more assigments you will learn something :p, and maybe later the will teach something to you ^^

The problem is when you don't know nothing... Then in the assigment 2 you will have troubles :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.