Jass Newgen and other packs

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
We all know you can do jass by hand or you can use the god given programs we have to make it easy. I use to have it for mac however there are dozens of new versions out now and the ones recommeded to download that is for apple do not work. Go the the affiliate sites to download it for macs and it once you download it the installation does not work. Anyone here on a mac that can give me to a link to one that should work.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NewGen nor any other editors ever worked with Macs. However, for vJASS, you can read my tutorial on running vJASS on a Mac.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Thats wrong, the hive specifically has versions for mac and they have worked before because ive used them before.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I've never heard of a Mac-friendly Editor, and I would appreciate it if you could show me some proof there ever has been one.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
to the left, affiliate sites hit hive, go to tools and everyone one there that has the mac symbol on it is mac compatible.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, those are tools, not editors. None of them are custom editors.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
bottom right are map editors in hive, and newgen has a 1000 version for mac if u google it if you go back to my OP rather than you going off on a rant im asking for which ones actually work.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, actually, searching for [LJASS]NewGen for mac[/LJASS] brings up unrelated results and a link to a thread from last year giving you the same information I am giving you now.

I can guarantee you that there has never been a Mac NewGen.

There are also no mac friendly editor addons on the bottom right.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
yes it is, its pending he is making it compatible for macs right now, i asked him to about a month ago its just taking him some time to do it. and JassNewgen can work if you use the programs command lines separately i believe that also states that in the sticky here, you just cant use the pack as a general source unless you are willing to go out of your way, so using jassnewgen on macs is done im just waiting for a version that doesnt require extra work for mac users.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If by 'him' you mean Vexorian, it does not matter, because he does not work with NewGen, nor has he for a long time.

If you were indeed talking to Vexorian, chances are he was telling you how to use the command line to run JassHelper (and not NewGen) which I already told you how to do above.

I would like some links to all this he has been telling you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.