JassHelper Not Running ==> vJass useless

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I've got this new project called BoA [Battle of Alagaësia]... I've done almost all the terrain when I notice - oh shit.. JassHelper isn't running. Since I really, REALLY want to learn vJass this is a problem for me, and I won't continue on the map if I can't fix it in some way... I've tried the following so far:

Disabling / Enabling JassHelper

And if you'd be interested how I know this is:
I can't see any JassHelper saving-windows
Wc3 starts up, but I come to the menu, which is a common error when vJass can't be read I've figured.

I really hope that you can fix this for me.
Thanks in advance!

// Carl-Fredrik

Edit:
I will be away for an hour now, but I still appreciate all replies and they will of course be read.

Edit2:
Answered these questions if anyone would be interested:

Am I using Newgen, or just JASSHelper?
NewGen

Am I running Newgen via the .exe file that comes with the package?
Yes

At the top, do I see menus that are not in the normal editor, such as JASSHelper, Grimoir, etc.
Yes

Am I using vJASS scripts in your map?
Yes

Am I getting any errors when trying to save your map?
No

Did I save your map twice before trying to test the map?
Yes

Do this problem consist when using other maps?
No

Edit3:
I gotta sleep now, I'll be able to reply again tomorrow. Just as earlier, don't stop replying because of that please :)
Good night.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Basic Troubleshooting (Get the simple stuff out of the way first)

Are you using Newgen, or just JASSHelper?

Are you running Newgen via the .exe file that comes with the package? (Not by using the Worldedit.exe file that comes with Warcraft III)

At the top, do you see menus that are not in the normal editor, such as JASSHelper, Grimoir, etc. (If yes, is JASSHelper enabled?)

Are you using vJASS scripts in your map? (Stuff that the normal editor would give you errors about)

Are you getting any errors when trying to save your map?

Did you save your map twice before trying to test the map?

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Am I using Newgen, or just JASSHelper?
NewGen

Am I running Newgen via the .exe file that comes with the package?
Yes

At the top, do I see menus that are not in the normal editor, such as JASSHelper, Grimoir, etc.
Yes

Am I using vJASS scripts in your map?
Yes

Am I getting any errors when trying to save your map?
No

Did I save your map twice before trying to test the map?
Yes

Do this problem consist when using other maps?
No

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, might be easier to create a new map and copy everything there.
Or try to send your map to someone, who opens it, then saves it and sends back. But I'm not sure about this one.
But you can export/import object data and triggers, so it won't take THAT much time.

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Well, might be easier to create a new map and copy everything there.
Or try to send your map to someone, who opens it, then saves it and sends back. But I'm not sure about this one.
But you can export/import object data and triggers, so it won't take THAT much time.

I know.. the object data and the triggers isn't the problem.. it's the terrain, my map is huge and there's a lot of effort behind the terrain

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Is the map 480*480?

There have been problems with that recently

If you were making a rpg , and in the middle of development, without any backup made you suddenly felt an urge to make it a 480x480 map, maybe newgen made you a favor not letting you do such a giantic project that will never get finished (or even correctly started) .

Reflexar

Reaction score
I didn't read everything, but if the problem is that u don't want to remake your terrain when you have to make a new map, then you could just select the whole terrain in the terrain pallete, then ctrl+c then go to a new map, and press ctrl+v. do the same with the doodads,(Select Everything and copy)

Then you have your terrain, looking exactly the same, but on a new map :p

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
I didn't read everything, but if the problem is that u don't want to remake your terrain when you have to make a new map, then you could just select the whole terrain in the terrain pallete, then ctrl+c then go to a new map, and press ctrl+v. do the same with the doodads,(Select Everything and copy)

Then you have your terrain, looking exactly the same, but on a new map :p

The game doesn't like when you try to paste 15000 doodads :p

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Copy 1/4 4 times :p

Have you ever tried copying loads of doodads in WE ? It's very hard to place them at the right place (with that amount) and if I do it in 1/4's then it probably won't fit... :/

I guess I'll just give this project up and continue with the other one I've got going...

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
Is the filename the same; Battle of Alagaësia? Cause if there are signs with not is a-z or 0-9 or spaces, it won't work. That maybe will solve your problem, so remove the ¨over the "e". Good Luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.