Java very confused.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have many questions about java & if anyone who learned java could tell me how you learned it effectively. I'm trying to understand more about mouse click events, applets, GUI creation. Any tutorials you guys could recommend? Or maybe I could PM you a few times, if you have the patience

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
well, there is so much i have heardly learned it.
try looking at java codes from websites (veiw>source), and try putting little tid-bits of codding into your address bar (dont forget to add the "javascript:")

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
try looking at java codes from websites (veiw>source), and try putting little tid-bits of codding into your address bar (dont forget to add the "javascript:")

What you're referring to is Javascript, which is slightly different from Java. They're almost as similar as are lemons and oranges. :rolleyes:

As for Java literature, there's the Core Java series.

Reaction score
well, there is so much i have heardly learned it.

JavaScript != Java. Similar name, same company, different language.

duyen

Reaction score
Oh you want to know javascript? Ah now that, I can help you with besides pointing you to some tutorials :)

EDIT: now I'm confused, which one do you really want to learn?

JavaScript is a scripting language and only took me a day to learn. Java is a programming language, therefore you can [pretty much] do anything you want with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.